Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, you guys got me SOOO interested in this, I bought one, exactly like Marks. I compared the photo quality between my old method: shooting a zoomed digital camera down the eyepiece of my one-eye microscope, and the Celestron. I think the Celestron wins, but I had to dim the led lights completely and used my own side lighting, similar to my microscope lighting. The Celestron takes much better wide angle pictures, and the close-ups are a little tedious getting the right height, while focusing. Lighting seems to make a huge difference. I think I can get better with a little more trial and error.

Here's two different method examples of a 1940S/S RPM-001: microscope with one-sided lighting, two-sided lighting; then the Celestron with brighter lighting, slightly lessor lighting, Of course I'm not up to photography par with many people, but I'm always looking for a quality edge without breaking the bank. Thank you Mark & Viv for the tutorial and insights!
    Kevin
    004.JPG005.JPG1940S S.jpg1940S S2.jpg

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 61
    You are welcome Kevin! Glad you are happy with your new Celestron! I am not really sure which photos were taken with which camera, but they all look nice! What type of lighting are you using?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiterkm1 View Post
    Ok, you guys got me SOOO interested in this, I bought one, exactly like Marks. I compared the photo quality between my old method: shooting a zoomed digital camera down the eyepiece of my one-eye microscope, and the Celestron. I think the Celestron wins, but I had to dim the led lights completely and used my own side lighting, similar to my microscope lighting. The Celestron takes much better wide angle pictures, and the close-ups are a little tedious getting the right height, while focusing. Lighting seems to make a huge difference. I think I can get better with a little more trial and error.

Here's two different method examples of a 1940S/S RPM-001: microscope with one-sided lighting, two-sided lighting; then the Celestron with brighter lighting, slightly lessor lighting, Of course I'm not up to photography par with many people, but I'm always looking for a quality edge without breaking the bank. Thank you Mark & Viv for the tutorial and insights!
    Kevin
    004.JPG005.JPG1940S S.jpg1940S S2.jpg
    Thanks Kevin but VIV deserves all the credit. She is the expert here.
    Mark

5. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 61
    Awww thank you Mark! The Celestron research and study was a joint effort between Tracy Crawford (duece2seven), Ray Parkhurst and myself! Celestron is a 50-year old USA company that is known worldwide for their award winning telescopes! Our goal was to find the best digital USB Microscope on the market that was affordable (under $100) and the Celestron Handheld Digital Microscope Pro was the winning pick! We were not 100% sure until Ray Parkhurst put it to the test, but after that, it became obvious that our study was a success! Celestron puts the same quality and craftsmanship into all of their products and their customer service is second to none! Thanks Celestron!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Celestron is a 50-year old USA company that is known worldwide for their award winning telescopes!
    But they get an "F" for documentation, because none of us knew it's most awesome feature until now, and you even tore the end of yours off because this isn't in the manual. I stumbled upon this while reading reviews on Amazon, searching for one I'd read about a year ago.

SO, first, position the up/down adjustment wheel (left side) about in the middle of it's range, then lock it with the right side knob.

Next, throw down a penny and bring the scope down to about 1 mm above it.

Next, turn the focus thumb wheel ALL the way to the right, as far as that stiff sucker will go.

Now, unlock the up/down adjustment, and SLOWLY turn the knob up and down in the smallest increments you can. After a little futzing you will just about jump out of your chair, because you will see something like this:

1931619831811.jpg

This photo is NOT zoomed or cropped, it's the view of the mint mark on the Microcapture Pro screen, after following the instructions above.

More:

19316191222647.jpg

And if you capture views like this at the full 5 mp, the zoomed view in a photo viewer will look like an electron microscope.

8. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Circa View Post
    But they get an "F" for documentation, because none of us knew it's most awesome feature until now, and you even tore the end of yours off because this isn't in the manual. I stumbled upon this while reading reviews on Amazon, searching for one I'd read about a year ago.

SO, first, position the up/down adjustment wheel (left side) about in the middle of it's range, then lock it with the right side knob.

Next, throw down a penny and bring the scope down to about 1 mm above it.

Next, turn the focus thumb wheel ALL the way to the right, as far as that stiff sucker will go.

Now, unlock the up/down adjustment, and SLOWLY turn the knob up and down in the smallest increments you can. After a little futzing you will just about jump out of your chair, because you will see something like this:

1931619831811.jpg

This photo is NOT zoomed or cropped, it's the view of the mint mark on the Microcapture Pro screen, after following the instructions above.

More:

19316191222647.jpg

And if you capture views like this at the full 5 mp, the zoomed view in a photo viewer will look like an electron microscope.
    Thanks for the info....

10. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 391
    All of the scopes I ever used are like this. They will focus twice if you turn the wheel far enough. (Sometimes you have to reach in with your finger and turn the lens by hand to achieve this.) But yes, you can get in focus very close up shots with them.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

12. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, VAB2013 liked this post