Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to everyone for your comments. (Apologies for the delayed reply but I've been out of the loop entertaining my son and his fiance since Friday)

Lots of thanks to go around on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    ..... I told him every body could wait but he pouted so I gave in ............
    ROFLMAO (My lips still hurt from pouting!)
    You are always willing to help spread the word with analysis and images. Thanks so much for helping me get this info to everyone.

CentMd (Dan). Thanks for confirmation on this one at the time of the auction. But sorry your computer froze or you would have this one to share. (So I guess special thanks go to Dan's computer.)

Quote Originally Posted by WaterSport View Post
    ........... Is that a die chip at the bottom of the U in trust? WS
    Thanks Bob (WS), I'm sure we will find out when Jim has a minute or two of pain free clarity. (Jim, don't push yourself, it will happen when it does.)

Quote Originally Posted by eaxtellcoin View Post
    Those swirl die scratches through trust should be a lot more pronounced in an earlier die state. Was this one LDS - Late Die State? - The devises on the coin to me look more MDS - I'm just wondering if cliff caught that..
    Eric
    Eric, thanks for taking an interest and asking but I don't remember taking note about the die state yet so I will have to defer to Jim's analylsis.

Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    Great looking DDO, fantastic pics Jim and really nice looking coin!! I did a search and went back to 2014 and could not find an original post on this. So is this a new find by Cliff? Congrats Cliff if it is!!
    You are correct Jon. It has not been posted online before. I was having difficulties taking decent consistent images at the time (June 2018), so I sent it to Wexler with some others (yes, more to come) thinking that would be quickest but he was having an unprecedented number of submissions which delayed the return until Nov. He is still having delays getting the site updated which is why I pouted with ... uh .... I mean begged, whined and cajoled at Jim to please post some decent images for everyone. You know Jim, he dragged it out for 1.5 seconds before he agreed to help.

And Thanks to Bob (Must be Bob), Grumpy Ed, Sheila, Viv, JupiterKM, Stoneman227, anyone I may have overlooked and everyone else for the "likes" and "thanks".

EDIT: Eric (Eaxtellcoin), I had a minute to look over Jim's images a little closer and I would have to agree with you that it is a Mid Die State coin. So that means there should be some earlier and better struck examples out there waiting to be found. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Last edited by Petespockets55; 01-08-2019 at 03:38 AM.

2. Thanks VAB2013, makecents, centMD thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents, centMD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is not a chip in the U of TRUST... There is a separation on the north side between the chunk and the coin... Not sure if it is a piece of extraneous metal or a small lamination peeling up??? Glad I could help!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

4. Thanks Petespockets55 thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Petespockets55 View Post

CentMd (Dan). Thanks for confirmation on this one at the time of the auction. But sorry your computer froze or you would have this one to share. (So I guess special thanks go to Dan's computer.)

Lol the great thing about varieties is there is will always be others. I'm glad it went to a close friend though since I missed it! Who knows, maybe I'll find one myself sometime in 2019!

6. Thanks Petespockets55 thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A very cool new DDO and super pics of a very handsome Lincoln!! Congrats Cliff and Jim!!

8. Thanks Petespockets55, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55, jfines69 liked this post