Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

1944 s struck through possibly?

Maybe even a letter dropped struck through? Part of the letter O appears to have hit the N in one. Thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, VAB2013, Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is very cool looking but I would need a better pic, possibly a closeup and much clearer. I can't tell if it's a struck through or just damage. The other letter, or whatever it is, is definitely not anything from the Lincoln, it's larger than the letters on it. There is a lot of other things going on with this coin too, around the perimeter. Somebody may be able to help you but I would need a much clearer pic. Very, very cool looking though!
    Last edited by makecents; 01-12-2019 at 09:17 PM.

4. Thanks Swheat pennies, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My microscope will be arriving tomorrow so no more blurry pictures. I was gonna wait to post til I got it but I thought that one was pretty neat and will be the first to go under the lense. Looking forward to posting my find from this last lot!

6. Thanks VAB2013, makecents thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents, Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool looking... The holes look like PSD... The perimeter of the holes look slightly raised... If those had been struck thrus that area should be flat and crisp looking??? I do not think the other item is a dropped element... It looks in relief and dropped elements will be incuse... Here is some info from Error Ref http://www.error-ref.com/?s=dropped+letter Better pics may change what I think is there!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!