Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1960 D RPM

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Kevin! I'm leaning towards Coppercoins 050 and Variety Vista 050 also for Sheila's! But, not sure about my RPM yet, still checking a few things

2. Likes Sheila ruley, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    Check cc's 49 and 50. I'm leaning towards 49 though. It's really odd you have this one, it looks very similar to one Viv is working on right now. (http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/d...&die_state=mds)
    The primary MM on CCs 049 looks a bit to far north and east???

Added - CCs/VVs 050 http://varietyvista.com/02b%20LC%20R...960DRPM050.htm Best I can tell is Stage A... May be why Sheila can't find markers???
    Last edited by jfines69; 01-16-2019 at 01:59 PM.
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

4. Thanks Sheila ruley, VAB2013, makecents thanked for this post
    Likes Sheila ruley, VAB2013, makecents liked this post
    Paid Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it does look a bit different than 049.

6. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Okay Sheila, here is our overlay! I think our MM placement is the same. Both of our Lincolns have circulation wear on the date and mint mark in different places, mine has more than yours does, especially on the mint mark. I'm going to look through your pics and see if you have a straight on close up of the mint mark that I can use to do an overlay to show more of the mint mark.

... fast, easy and free overlays at befunky.com (I love this site, can't you tell!)
    Vivien... Unless my vision is acting up again it looks like Sheilas' MM is farther east and slightly south of yours... The jacket and 1 look aligned but the 960 of yours look slightly east... Also the rims do not align (unless that is light reflection???)!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

8. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, VAB2013 liked this post
    Paid Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could mine and Vivien’s be a different stage?

10. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheila ruley View Post
    Could mine and Vivien’s be a different stage?
    I don't think so??? If I were to size your MM down by moving NW and leaving the secondary MM in the correct spot it looks like the date and jacket would be further out of alignment??? I can always try an overlay if that is alright with you and Vivien!!!
    Jim

12. Thanks VAB2013, makecents thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    I don't think so??? If I were to size your MM down by moving NW and leaving the secondary MM in the correct spot it looks like the date and jacket would be further out of alignment??? I can always try an overlay if that is alright with you and Vivien!!!
    Thank you Jim and Sheila for looking over this one again! Jim, you are always welcome to use any of my images! I do not think Sheila and I have the same RPM. Both of our cents have circulation wear in different places, my primary mint mark is thinner where Sheila's is thicker especially on the east side. I am thinking that mine is not attributable because of the hits to the primary and secondary mint marks.
    Last edited by VAB2013; 01-20-2019 at 05:58 PM.

14. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Thank you Jim and Sheila for looking over this one again! Jim, you are always welcome to use any of my images! I do not think Sheila and I have the same RPM. Both of our cents have circulation wear in different places, my primary mint mark is thinner where Sheila's is thicker especially on the east side. I am thinking that mine is not attributable because of the hits to the primary and secondary mint marks.
    Since you already know they do not match no need for an overlay!!!
    Jim

16. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post