Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Possible 1934-D RPM-2 in PCGS 66+RD

Here's a high grade coin on GC. It seems like it might be RPM-002 but I'm not 100% sure. I purchased one that I verified (after purchasing and getting in hand) as RPM-002 Stage E on GC a year ago. Here are both coins for comparison. If anyone wants to bid, they can certainly do so and I wish them luck! I won't be bidding as I can't afford one that expensive right now.

https://www.greatcollections.com/Coi...S-MS-66-RD-CAC

https://www.greatcollections.com/Coi...-PCGS-MS-65-RD

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the heads up Dan and the comparison image.
    It looks like the MM placement and or rotation is slightly different on both coins though. (I could be wrong as I haven't done an overlay)

3. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I looked at them both also, The MS66 is to close to the tail of the 3. When I blow up the MS65 man it looks close but i'm not convinced. Notice the tail coming of the "L" in Liberty? I'll go pull my lower grade examples and see if that is on my coins.

I have an UNC stage "E" and a VF stage "B" The die crack on the head and hair is strong on the stage "E" and I do not see it in either pic, but the RPM is weak in this stage. The stage "B" looks somewhat like the MS65. it has what looks like metal pull near the "L" of Liberty and no other real good markers you could use to I.D. except the RPM. They are both kinda pricey to take a chance they are not the RPM. I would only bid on the MS65 if I wanted one for my set if it was NOT an RPM.
    Last edited by eaxtellcoin; 01-20-2019 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Add info

5. Thanks VAB2013, Petespockets55 thanked for this post
    Likes willbrooks, VAB2013, Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The MS65RD I have in hand from buying it a year ago! It is 100% stage E and was confirmed by me, in-hand after purchasing it. The markers just don't show up very well in their photos. The MS66RD+ is just a possible one, but not certain. With the photo rotated I can't get them lined up vs each other for mint mark positon.

Dan

7. Thanks Petespockets55 thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Comparing with VVs 002 http://varietyvista.com/02a%20LC%20R...934DRPM002.htm the MM on the 66+RD looks to far north and west as well as rotated??? Best I can tell any way??? Still a nice coin tho!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

9. Thanks Petespockets55 thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55 liked this post