Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

1988 D RPM or not?

Found this one, not the normal vertical bar on the left, widens to the bottom rather than the same width in a normal MM, which indicates to me some punch rotation. Don't see any signs of split serifs, maybe a bit of double at about 5 o'clock. Right of the D is definitely higher / bolder than the right, maybe just a tilted punch. MM placement is closest to a CC 1MM-018, or maybe a 037, (the only ones with the MM that far to the east) but my overlays don't match either. Didn't see anything close in VV. RPM, or not?

S20190315_0006.jpgS20190316_0001.jpgS20190316_0002.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm seeing shearing on the SW and NE of the mint mark, so I'm going with MD.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is some thickness to the E and SE but no splits in the serifs... I looked thru CC but did not find a match... CCs 018 and 037 are similar in appearance but the locations are not correct... I am not to sure it is a RPM but Wexler has not finished updating his site so I am unable to check it out further!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Lincoln Cent Variety Expert mustbebob's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This does not appear to be an RPM to me either.
    Bob Piazza
    Lincoln Cent Attributer
    coppercoins.com