Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

BUYER BEWARE eBay Seller

BUYER BEWARE this is not a coin that is listed on Cuds-on-Coins as an Unusual Die Crack "UCD". "2017-D Lincoln Shield Cent Obverse Unusual Die Cracks UDC-1c-2017D-02 BU "173841261418"." It is not even a die crack. I've contacted him (azonbuy523) in the past about making up his own index numbers. But eBay sellers can put anything they want in the title of a listing so Buyer Beware. This seller is not able to respond to your questions "; he has turned off contact attempts.

These ones as well:
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.

2. Thanks VAB2013, makecents, jupiterkm1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you JC! Seems like there should be something you can do directly with eBay since this person is falsely representing these coins as cuds-on-coins listings and falsifying a listing number to look like a cuds-on-coins index number. I don't do business with eBay so I don't know, but is there a way for the general public to post comments on a seller's item that is for sale? Like feedback... do you have to buy something from that seller to be able to write feedback?

4. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I brought David on shortly after I started here on the forum and I remember him just telling us to email him with a direct link to the eBay listing and he would take care of it. I don't think he has been back on the forum since I introduced him but you can email him through his member page. I'm not sure what link he had to the powers that be on eBay but he would get it done in short time. Here is David's member page.

http://www.lincolncentforum.com/foru...5835-djf-coins

6. Thanks VAB2013, jupiterkm1 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice catch JC... EBay should be able to do something if the seller is violating copyrite of the COC numbering system with false information... With the format I see comparing the sellers format https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/173841261...orig_cvip=true with COCs http://cuds-on-coins.com/udc-on-foreign-coins/ that is the COC numbering system!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

8. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    We used to have Judith. She would take down listings on our advisement very quickly. But, alas, she is gone.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

10. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post