Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Thread: Ray System 2

Post Thanks / Like

Ray System 2

OK, so I couldn't go all out, but much better than what I had. Will definitely need to get a lighting system, right now more or less hand held, but will work to jury rig something up. Anyway, here are the first published photos from the new system.

IMG_0934.jpgIMG_0935.jpg

Sorry, meant to post a reverse image. Need to get back to my laptop to do it. For some reason, the camera software doesn't function on my old desktop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KLFenstermaker; 05-08-2019 at 06:20 PM.

2. Thanks VAB2013, GrumpyEd, makecents thanked for this post
    Likes willbrooks, VAB2013, GrumpyEd, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice photo Ken! You are moving right along and the lighting you are working with turned out very good! Does your desktop computer have Windows 10?

4. Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice full shots for the first pics with a new setup

6. Likes VAB2013, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Viv, yes, the old computer has Windows 10, but it was an upgrade from Windows 7. I think the issue was the USB ports. On the desktop they were all they USB Type 1 connections, I think the camera software requires a newer USB port. Not 100% certain, but have seen similar issues other places.

8. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ken, the computer guys can help you with the USB ports. I have black and blue USB ports on my computer. I think the black ones are 2.0 and the blue ones are 4.0. I have my camera plugged into a black one and it's working. That is about the extent of my USB knowledge
    Last edited by VAB2013; 05-09-2019 at 08:19 AM.

10. Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool, congrats on the new system!!

12. Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Viv, nice to know you can run your system off the black USB, that is where mine is plugged in. I think it is the underlying software for those ports that is the issue, the computer is ancient and Windows upgrades don't affect the firmware driving the hardware. Now I have another reason to upgrade the computer, it has been giving me problems in other ways, too.

14. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KLFenstermaker View Post
    Viv, nice to know you can run your system off the black USB, that is where mine is plugged in. I think it is the underlying software for those ports that is the issue, the computer is ancient and Windows upgrades don't affect the firmware driving the hardware. Now I have another reason to upgrade the computer, it has been giving me problems in other ways, too.
    Okay, gotcha! Looks like you'll be ordering a new PC soon! That's good that you can run the Ray System on your laptop until your new puter comes in! I don't want to muddy the water because I know very little about computers but I think the Ray System will work just fine with a 2.0 USB connection. I think that is what the black ones are on my computer. I do have 4 blue USB ports on the back of my computer and my son said they are 4.0 USB but so far I have not had a reason to need to use them. My son has to use 4.0 USB for his work because the VPN requires it for high speed data transfer.
    Last edited by VAB2013; 05-10-2019 at 11:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice pics Ken... The obv pics I was able to zoom in to 350% and the rev to 400% before they started to blur... The lighting was fine for those pics... You will get it all figured out!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

17. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post