Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_parkhurst View Post
    No, I don't think so. There is no PPI setting for monitors, only for printers. I'm not printing them, just viewing them on the screen.
    There is no PPI settings for the monitors because it is all done automatically in the back ground... That is why items larger than the resolution settings for the monitor are able to be displayed... If we view an item at full size then it would be beyond the boundaries and we would have to scroll up/down and left/right!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Well Jim - what do you think... should we ask Roger and Peter about this since we can't figure out another way to fix it?
    I'm not sure if Roger will be able to help but Peter should be... I have not been losing any image size so I am not 100% sure it is thru the forums servers??? If it is thru the forum I am not sure it can be changed???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

4. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well... all of this is too complicated for me Jim! Would you please start a thread in the Mod Squad for Peter and Roger to see with a link to this thread so we can get their thoughts on what is going on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    I'm not sure if Roger will be able to help but Peter should be... I have not been losing any image size so I am not 100% sure it is thru the forums servers??? If it is thru the forum I am not sure it can be changed???
    Jim...I'm not sure what you mean by not losing any image size? It seems you don't believe me, so I suggest you try doing the same thing I did...pick a nice sharp photo, smaller than the screen you're viewing with so it doesn't need to be scaled to fit...upload it to the forum...view the pic to see that it is not as sharp as the one you uploaded...then download it to see that the forum has made the pic slightly smaller than your original. Once you do that, perhaps you will believe me and have some motivation to fix the problem?
    Builder of Custom Coin Photography Setups. PM me with your needs or visit http://macrocoins.com

7. Thanks willbrooks, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes willbrooks, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Ray for working with us to figure out if we can do something about how the forum is resizing photos. I have created a thread in the Mod Squad with a link to your thread here so that Roger and Peter can take a look at it. It looks like Jim may have missed seeing the most recent posts on this thread.

9. Thanks willbrooks thanked for this post
    Likes willbrooks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could the answer be in the different amount of compression for the jpg images?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by silver1985; 05-25-2019 at 02:59 PM.

11. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by silver1985 View Post
    Geez silver... I have no idea. I think you are using one of Ray's photos to show us this info - and in this case it is probably okay with Ray to use his images but anything else in the future, please check with Ray first. I sent a PM to Roger and Peter so we can get their help, we should hear back from them soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Generally, copyright law allows use of photos for educational purposes without permission of the copyright owner. Only requirement is that the owner is credited.

Silver, I have not seen a lot of unsharpness from compression, though indeed it could be an issue.
    Builder of Custom Coin Photography Setups. PM me with your needs or visit http://macrocoins.com

14. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_parkhurst View Post
    Jim...I'm not sure what you mean by not losing any image size? It seems you don't believe me, so I suggest you try doing the same thing I did...pick a nice sharp photo, smaller than the screen you're viewing with so it doesn't need to be scaled to fit...upload it to the forum...view the pic to see that it is not as sharp as the one you uploaded...then download it to see that the forum has made the pic slightly smaller than your original. Once you do that, perhaps you will believe me and have some motivation to fix the problem?
    I didn't say I do not believe you... I am trying to figure out where the problem is... Does it have to do with the number of times an image is being compressed or is it something else... Every time an image is sent over the internet it gets compressed and in doing so data gets lost... I can not fix any problem as I am not an administrator... That is why I said Peter should be able to help... I am not sure it is thru the forums servers tho???
    Jim

16. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by silver1985 View Post
    That is my thought but I am not sure... That is where Peter would have to do some work!!!
    Jim

18. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post