Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Green label issues

Thought I was going blind, probably still am, but no matter what I done the closeup through the green label slab kept messing with me. I thought my astigmatism was getting worse. It looks slightly distorted. I thought it was my camera, or lens. Cleaned them, still there. It was really messing with me on the MM, not so much on the date. Shot it closeup maybe 20 times before I wanted to check the plastic. The next closeup is the odd lines going thru the plastic. Not easy to get a clear closeup through a green label PCGS. Can easily see them now I know they are there. Cant see them at all on a full shot. New slabs are much better

FYI, for anyone who doesn't have astigmatism. The blurry closeup is what most things look like, but clearer. That odd extension to letters and numbers, mostly TV and lights. Gas prices look like $222222 or $888888.. Cant tell til your up closer, or I have my glasses on, then its $2.12..lol

39SSSms67RD.jpgIMG_1199.jpg
    Last edited by kloccwork419; 01-09-2021 at 06:00 PM.

2. Likes makecents, Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't realize there were white labels before the green label rattler. I guess the plastic was not near the grade it is now, back then but your coin would probably grade higher now.

PCGS holder evolution. (https://www.pcgs.com/holders)

4. Thanks kloccwork419 thanked for this post
    Likes kloccwork419, Petespockets55 liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt it. Its MS67RD already. None graded higher than that. Its the 93-98 slab
    Last edited by kloccwork419; 01-09-2021 at 06:42 AM.

6. Thanks centMD thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, Petespockets55, centMD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great image and coin.

The image title says 39SSSmS67Red so I was expecting a 1939. Thought it was my eyes playing tricks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting phenomenon noted on older slabs Jason. Glad to hear the new slabs have better quality plastic. I guess that (slightly) compensates for the worse quality grading.

Dan

9. Likes kloccwork419, Petespockets55 liked this post