Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

1971-s Lincoln cent DDO-DDR?

I tried with the cannon to take clear pictures, but still trying to figure it out. Meanwhile hopefully you can tell me with these pictures if it’s a hub doubling. Looks like it is to me
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes makecents, Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hard to tell with the photos. I would say the obverse does not show any hub doubling. The elements on the reverse seem to be thick but that's not a absolute indication of hub doubling either. I couldn't see any distortion or notching on the reverse. Larger photos may help to see better.
    Rock
    My LCR Photo Album of Graded Lincoln Cent Cherry Picker Varieties

4. Likes makecents, Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Liz, nice to see you starting another thread! I agree with Rock, need some better, clearer pics, to know for sure. I do not see anything at this point that would make me think there is hub doubling though. From what I can tell , there is some decent flow lines on the reverse, which may lead to the thicker devices you see. As stated, clearer, closeups would be good though.

6. Likes Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    Hey Liz, nice to see you starting another thread! I agree with Rock, need some better, clearer pics, to know for sure. I do not see anything at this point that would make me think there is hub doubling though. From what I can tell , there is some decent flow lines on the reverse, which may lead to the thicker devices you see. As stated, clearer, closeups would be good though.
    I do realize it’s not going to work with this phone… you guys know by certain points it cannot pic up details.. looks completely different with the loupe, but was hopeful something small jumps out.. I will figure out the cannon tonight if I’m up all night until the new pics thanks again

8. Likes makecents, hasfam, Petespockets55 liked this post