Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Post Thanks / Like

Why are my photo uploads to thread is downgraded

Well the title sums it up, . Can someone please explain to me why my coin photos which are very good quality are being downgraded when I upload them to a thread I am posting? I start off with clear well lighted photos that are several mb and when I upload them they are blurry and terrible looking and only in the kb range. Is there a fix for this? I could really use some help with this as I have thousands of coins I am going through and I am new to looking for errors and such so I will undoubtedly be posting many threads on my finds in my hoard of 45 years of pocket change I have been saving. I really can't get much help with my coin identification if I can't find a fix for the photo issue. Any recommendations on how to photo my coins to create clear images and keep the bit count down would also be appreciated. Thanks, Jonathan

2. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome again and look forward to seeing what you find! I was taught that taking a screenshot, of your high resolution pic, then cropping and down sizing it and then making it a jpeg file, will help. This was by Viv.

4. Likes Petespockets55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the requirements for photos you're going to post: http://www.lincolncentforum.com/post...s-attachments/

6. Likes Petespockets55, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Something else you can do is host photos off-site then just provide a link.

8. Likes Petespockets55, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you using any particular software to edit your pics? I use Irfanview for JPEG photos, it's free. The first thing I do is re-size the photo down to fit Ebay or LCF (e.g. 1,024 x 768 pixels). It doesn't lose integrity, just size. Has a good photo sharpening aspect, and other good editing functions.
    Kevin

10. Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since I have a MAC, I use ACORN by Flying meat. You have to pay for it, but its worth it to me.

Bob

https://flyingmeat.com/

12. Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I mentioned above, I do with old school, "Paint". Here is a couple of pics I did with it though. I'm sure the guys here have new and better stuff though, I don't keep up with that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Easiest and free photo editing software is Paint.NET. Gimp is very good too, but has a steeper learning curb. Microsoft Powertoys has a very simple image resizer option accessible from the right-click context menu. RIOT is also a very good image resizer.

Postimages.org is probably the current best free image host if you want to direct link your full quality images.
    Wendell Carper
    It's a bird! It's a plane! Aw nuts... It's merely two die scratches!

Post Thanks / Like
    I shoot with both Canon and Sony cameras, and use Canon's Digital Photo Professional almost exclusively. It does what I need to do and not a lot more. It's a free download at Canon's website.
    Builder of Custom Coin Photography Setups. PM me with your needs or visit http://macrocoins.com