Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

1960-D Small Date, Possible Double Die

Additional Information
    Date: 1960
    Variety: DDO
    Mint: Denver

Just got through scoping 5 OBW BU rolls of 1960-D Small Dates, found two with extra thick date, these I magnified and they look somewhat double, they are not the Lg Sm DDO, please have a look, the first two are the ones, the third is a regular one. Thank you in advance....
    Rich

2. Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went and looked at some old S.D.'s and seems there are other thicker dates, maybe this is normal..
    Rich

4. Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe die deterioration? I had a 1959 that had similar looking 19. It does not look right for a doubled die though but cool you found more than one of the coins from that die. There were so many issues with the 60's small and large dates....

Here's a link to the 59 I was referring to. https://www.lincolncentforum.com/for...highlight=1959

6. Thanks rlmillerjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    Maybe die deterioration? I had a 1959 that had similar looking 19. It does not look right for a doubled die though but cool you found more than one of the coins from that die. There were so many issues with the 60's small and large dates....

Here's a link to the 59 I was referring to. https://www.lincolncentforum.com/for...highlight=1959
    Cool, thank you!!
    Rich