Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

PCGS question/advice

I'm hoping Bob D or one of you other guys can help with this. I have a mint state 1912S RPM 1. I was considering getting it slabbed by PCGS. I don't want to use ANACS or NGC. Even though it is worth having it slabbed even without the variety, I have been reluctant to do so, because PCGS doesn't recognize this variety, because for some reason, it doesn't have an FS#. (Don't get me started on this subject. I might have an aneurysm.). Anyway, I have seen where they will put "minor variety" on the slab and maybe a D/D designation. I'm not sure how to make that happen or how to ask for it, but I think that would be sufficient for me. Otherwise, I guess I could just put my own sticker on it. Please advise. Thanks ahead of time.
    Last edited by willbrooks; 01-20-2024 at 07:00 AM.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not done a "Minor Variety" request. However, It can be done I believe if you send a note and some close up photos and even reference info from Coppercoins,CONECA,etc. ie, do the homework for them already. This should get it accomplished. Do not hesitate to write in Big Letters on the submission form, MINOR VARIETY REQUEST. Note they will NOT state WHICH variety - just the words Minor Variety and maybe S/S and thats it. Good Luck!

Bob

3. Thanks willbrooks thanked for this post
    Likes willbrooks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know, that would drive me nuts not having the exact attribution on the slab. JMHO
    VERDI-CARE™ ALL METAL CONSERVATION FLUID