Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

PCGS members show Philly

I think I may try to be brave and go to the show in Philly end of February. My question is: if I drop off coins to be graded on-site, do they do it "while you wait", like within the day, or do you have to drop them off and pick them up at the end of the show a few days later? Anyone know?
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

2. Thanks jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes Maineman750, jfines69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't want to drive into that human-infested shithole, so I was thinking of taking the train and getting a cab to the show, but I'm definitely buying a gun first. Anyone want to meet me there?
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

4. Thanks jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes Maineman750, BadThad, jfines69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd join ya but I've been staying away from crowds of all types.....just seems like everybody is getting really sick for last few years. As far as a gun....get one and carry it all the time....not just when you think you may need it...I've been carrying over 30 years and used mine for the first time this spring.....while hiking in a state game lands of all places....idiots walking two pit bulls without a leash in sight
    Last edited by Maineman750; 01-30-2024 at 10:33 AM.

6. Thanks willbrooks, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes willbrooks, BadThad, jfines69, rlmillerjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maineman750 View Post
    I'd join ya but I've been staying away from crowds of all types.....just seems like everybody is getting really sick for last few years. As far as a gun....get one and carry it all the time....not just when you think you may need it...I've been carrying over 30 years and used mine for the first time this spring.....while hiking in a state game lands of all places....idiots walking two pit bulls without a leash in site
    100% agree! I've been a CC permit guy for 30 years - ALWAYS CARRY! Thankfully, I've never had to pull mine out but there's been a couple close calls when I was forced to deal with aholes - they are quite fortunate for not coming at me after I started walking away.
    VERDI-CARE™ ALL METAL CONSERVATION FLUID

8. Thanks jfines69 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by willbrooks View Post
    I don't want to drive into that human-infested shithole, so I was thinking of taking the train and getting a cab to the show, but I'm definitely buying a gun first. Anyone want to meet me there?

HAHAHAHA....not going to Kensington for a little fun while you're there? LMAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpyHhrDgG5A&t=2s

10. Thanks willbrooks, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes jfines69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a reason most die varieties happen at the Philly Mint. If only the government could figure out what it is and put a stop to it.

12. Thanks jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes jfines69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by willbrooks View Post
    There is a reason most die varieties happen at the Philly Mint. If only the government could figure out what it is and put a stop to it.
    Well, shutting down all the illegal criminal invaders streaming across the border would be GREAT start!

14. Thanks Maineman750, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes TPring, jfines69, rlmillerjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BadThad View Post
    100% agree! I've been a CC permit guy for 30 years - ALWAYS CARRY! Thankfully, I've never had to pull mine out but there's been a couple close calls when I was forced to deal with aholes - they are quite fortunate for not coming at me after I started walking away.
    One other thing to do with a CC is know a good gun rights attorney.

16. Thanks Maineman750, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes jfines69, rlmillerjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TPring View Post
    One other thing to do with a CC is know a good gun rights attorney.
    I would recommend taking one or CC classes.... asking for a lawyer first , and knowing to keep your mouth shut until he arrives, is really the most important thing....

18. Thanks jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes jfines69, BadThad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been able to carry for fifty years now and don't. Tried it a few times and found it too cumbersome. Never had a situation where I wish I did have it on me. Of course it only takes that one situation and then it's too late.

20. Thanks jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes Maineman750, jfines69 liked this post