Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

1960-D WDDO-010 pretty sure

Additional Information
    Date: 1960
    Variety: DDO
    Mint: Denver
    Wexler: WDDO-010

Hi Folks, hope you all are doing well! This variety has been under my nose many many times. The die scratches do not match up to Wexler's WDDO-010, but the die breaks pretty much do, other than this cent is an earlier stage. Would welcome any opinions or comments. Thank you in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rlmillerjr; 1 Week Ago at 07:21 PM. Reason: added link
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Rich and I'm certainly no expert but the die chip in the 6 would certainly have sold me. Larry

3. Thanks rlmillerjr thanked for this post
    Likes rlmillerjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will the real WDDO-010 come forward

Hi Folks, One thing is certain, I am learning more everyday, and that is I don't know S**t, .

Here are some pictures that are the REAL WDDO-010. The die break in the B happened before the die break in the 6. Also, on the reverse, the die break looks to have broke first on the S in BUS and then on the O in ONE. Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by rlmillerjr; 6 Days Ago at 03:51 PM. Reason: Added link to
    Rich

5. Thanks joel thanked for this post
    Likes joel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well looks like you have the correct markers -- Just wondering what is doubled on the motto.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TPring View Post
    Well looks like you have the correct markers -- Just wondering what is doubled on the motto.
    Well, nothing that stands out, I will try to do some comparison photos when I get time, I am curious if there is much difference myself, these have been under my nose and I never noticed anything and so I passed them up, I have 2 examples so far, one with no die breaks.
    Last edited by rlmillerjr; 5 Days Ago at 06:04 PM.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

1960D WDDO-010 Comparison Pics

Good Evening Folks, hope you all are doing well! Here are four pics, the top parts are two different normal 1960-D small dates and the bottom parts are two different 1960-D WDDO-010 small dates. I would say the focal point would be the E in WE if you happen to be looking for these. Also the inside bottom of the G in GOD is different and may be easier to spot. Hope this might help the if any 1960 Nuts out there like me, also, thank you in advance for any commentary. Appreciate you guys a lot! Let me know if I can ever help in any way, take care!! Cheers...
    Rich

9. Thanks TPring thanked for this post
    Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is your 4th thread about this variety. To each their own, but I'm curious to know what the fascination is over this very minor variety. What am I missing?.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

11. Thanks rlmillerjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by willbrooks View Post
    This is your 4th thread about this variety. To each their own, but I'm curious to know what the fascination is over this very minor variety. What am I missing?.
    Your not missing anything Sir, just wanted to correct the mistake at the beginning,and also answer TPring's question, and, well, I was born in 1960 and just trying to complete this year, sorry Sir, I will drop this subject once and for all............. Thank you Will!
    Rich

13. Thanks TPring thanked for this post
    Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rlmillerjr View Post
    Your not missing anything Sir, just wanted to correct the mistake at the beginning,and also answer TPring's question, and, well, I was born in 1960 and just trying to complete this year, sorry Sir, I will drop this subject once and for all............. Thank you Will!
    Oh, you're collecting a birth year set. Got it. That explains it. I was just curious.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

15. Likes rlmillerjr liked this post