Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lincoln Cent Variety Expert mustbebob's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use pretty much the same set-up that Kevin uses. I have an Omano 7.5 - 30X microscope and shoot the pics through the eyepiece with a home made PVC adapter that fits snuggly over the eyepiece and the lens of my Nikon Coolpic 7900 camera. Has worked well for me for many, many years.
    Bob Piazza
    Former Lincoln Cent Attributer Coppercoins.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had a few compliments on my coin photos from time to time and some people have messaged me from ebay asking me what my set up is. Honestly, if I showed you guys my set up you would all laugh. But it works. My scope is decent, an triocular 7x-45x. I took the eye piece off the right side and attached it to the top with duct tape and a hose clamp. Full coin photos are taken on a seperate card table using tin flood lights clamped to cigar boxes and filtered with white printing paper. I use a small 5/16 socket to sit the coin on with white paper underneath. My camera is a nikon coolpix 7600 that is falling apart. The battery door is shattered in 3 peices and I have to duct tape that on just right to keep the camera working. All in all, the set up does great for me. what is important is the lighting, using a tripod, having macro on.
    Rock
    Rock
    My LCR Photo Album of Graded Lincoln Cent Cherry Picker Varieties

Post Thanks / Like
    That's one heck of a set up you got there Jeff! I love it! I have the QX5 Computer Video/Microscope with the zoom of 10x, 60x, 200 pixels. 200 is a bear sometimes plus I need better lighting to go with it.

THE PENNY MAN
    WOWSERS!!!!!!!!!! Jeff you are the MAC DADDY of the scope set up!!!....LOL, really though that is a great set up my scope is on order will be here March 3rd cannot wait for it then i will be in the ranks of the great shots of my coins for you all to see. You really have to love this hobby.