Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jay4202472000 View Post
    I do believe that is to be the end result.
    I forgot about that post from Will. Hope he can follow up. I suppose one would need to have connections with some minting outfit unless you cut your own collar and use a hydraulic press to make just one (or few) coin(s)?

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Update: Sean has agreed to send me the die he used in the video. When I receive it, I will post some still photos.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

4. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, jallengomez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could probably do a "virtual striking" of a coin by shooting the die and then rendering a "coin view", opposite of what I did for the article.
    Builder of Custom Coin Photography Setups. PM me with your needs or visit http://macrocoins.com

6. Thanks VAB2013, willbrooks thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55, VAB2013, Frank liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have the die in hand that Sean used in the video. I will work on photos, but it is like taking pictures of a mirror. I may need assistance.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

8. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, jay4202472000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by willbrooks View Post
    I have the die in hand that Sean used in the video. I will work on photos, but it is like taking pictures of a mirror. I may need assistance.
    My earlier offer still stands.
    Builder of Custom Coin Photography Setups. PM me with your needs or visit http://macrocoins.com

10. Thanks VAB2013, Maineman750 thanked for this post
    Likes GrumpyEd, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I will send it off to you, bud, along with a bunch of 74S. I was hoping to be able to get some prelim pics before I sent it to you, but I just can't deal with the shine. Thanks, bud. I'll let you know when I ship. Probably the end of the week.

12. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes GrumpyEd, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by willbrooks View Post
    Yeah, I will send it off to you, bud, along with a bunch of 74S. I was hoping to be able to get some prelim pics before I sent it to you, but I just can't deal with the shine. Thanks, bud. I'll let you know when I ship. Probably the end of the week.
    Will, that's great you have the die and you are sending it to Ray, along with those 74S's! We have been waiting patiently! Thank's Will... and Ray!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the delay on getting this photo. The mirror finish on the die made for some challenges. It is amazing that you can easily see the trails on this die with the naked eye even from a distance, as we saw in the video, but trying to capture them with a camera up close was challenging for the same reason. Anyone who has tried to photograph trails knows how tough it can be to capture even on a dull finish of copper, much less a mirrored die. Anyway, here is a still photo of the die used in the video. (by Ray Parkhurst) While we do not know with any certainty that the exact tool, buffing factor, handled or mounted, or in what circumstances, or steel composition, or whatever, is exactly the same as used at the mint; we have shown that this technique creates trails. These trails follow the same expectations that I set forth in the article. I can only hope this puts the matter to rest and those with alternate explanations of this error will be persuaded to change their proclaimed theories.
    Thanks,
    Will

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by willbrooks; 10-23-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure looks like trail lines to me coming off the M... and trying to from the A! Will, I know you have put a lot of time, research and knowledge into this study and Ray has done such an excellent job on all of the photos, 3D renderings and now this still shot from the live video! I don't know that anyone would ever have access to the actual mint process to match every single part of the process, step by step. Your study certainly shows, in fact, that trails can be and are created in this manner. What more can I say?

Post Thanks / Like
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.”

17. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, duece2seven liked this post