Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2011 D minor DDR or WWHR?

Additional Information
    Date: 2011
    Variety: DDR
    Mint: Denver

I ran across another one tonight and I'm seeing the same thing I think is on John's (stoneman227). I apologize for my pics not being up to par (especially compared to John's) but I think it will show what I'm talking about. See what you think.

John's link (http://www.lincolncentforum.com/foru...light=2011+ddr)

Thanks for looking, Jon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jon , what I picked up on mine was a diagonal line atthe bottom of the FM that showes the direction of the expanding of the letters.

John

2011 D DDR b.jpg
    So sad ... My reverse consumption engine was a broken fuel gauge ... gonna look at coins now. John

4. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneman227 View Post
    Hey Jon , what I picked up on mine was a diagonal line atthe bottom of the FM that showes the direction of the expanding of the letters.

John

2011 D DDR b.jpg
    Gotcha. I think mine has it but I'm in between on a decent closeup apparatus. I'm using a $16 scope and have a better one tore down right now making it what I want to be. Hopefully I'll have a pic for you tomorrow. Thanks John!!

6. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jon and John for following up on this question and thank you John for pointing out the notching at the lower F and M. I think maybe John's example has a little circulation wear on the lower J that might be part of the reason for the extra thickness there.

Jon I can image you are frustrated with your scope right now... but you will get there and once you get the other scope put back together the way you want it I hope it does everything you are wanting it to do! Meanwhile... I will be looking at every 2011 D I see to maybe find another example of John's.

8. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Thank you Jon and John for following up on this question and thank you John for pointing out the notching at the lower F and M. I think maybe John's example has a little circulation wear on the lower J that might be part of the reason for the extra thickness there.

Jon I can image you are frustrated with your scope right now... but you will get there and once you get the other scope put back together the way you want it I hope it does everything you are wanting it to do! Meanwhile... I will be looking at every 2011 D I see to maybe find another example of John's.
    Between not having a good scope up and running and the coin condition I'm having a time. I spent the better part of yesterday trying to get a good image of the JFM. The coin is very shiny and also has a lot of abrasions. I've noticed the heavily abraded coins give my camera fits when trying to get a good full coin shot. I will try to find some more for comparison and maybe even just buy a roll of uncirculated online to use as study coins. Thanks for keeping an eye open though Viv!!

10. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very interesting but I do not think yours matches Johns??? Yours does look a little extra thick but in a more N - S direction where as Johns notching looks to be a NW - SE direction... Also on Johns there appears to be some notching on the NE corner of the J an M??? I think the problem with your pic is to much direct light on the coin??? The glare is affecting the image sensor???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

12. Thanks VAB2013, makecents thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alright, I've been struggling through a roll of so called BU 2011D's I got from the bay, they may not be BU but they are shiny to the point I'm having MAJOR issues getting closeups of. Sorry for the really bad pics but let me know what you think. John, I've been through about a 3rd of the roll and these are the closest I've come up with, so I might have been out in left field on my theory.

Thanks for checking them out, Jon.

14. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pics aren't to bad for shiney coins... On both of those the JFM looks promising on the full rev pics but on the close ups the inits look flattened which appears be a combo of die wear and a struck thru grease??? To me they do not look doubled???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

16. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Pics aren't to bad for shiney coins... On both of those the JFM looks promising on the full rev pics but on the close ups the inits look flattened which appears be a combo of die wear and a struck thru grease??? To me they do not look doubled???
    I agree Jim. Thanks for taking a look. I'll have a new scope that's supposed to ship Wednesday and should be able to get some much better pics of any others I may find that look good.

18. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, just finished going through the roll and have better pics but I have not found what John has. These guys are from very worn out dies and do not show the notching at the FM. This coin is pretty much what the entire roll looks like. Sorry for doubting yours was unique John.

20. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, stoneman227 liked this post