Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

My third 1940-S with a retained cud in as many days.

This morning I finished searching the 100 customer rolls I scored last week. All but 16 were copper coins, including 266 wheat pennies. When I opened the very last roll I found another 1940-S with a retained cud on the lower right wheat stalk. This lot has to be one of the best I’ve searched in many years. Three retained cuds in three days is pretty amazing to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents, VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very impressive numbers out of those rolls, congrats!! This one was kinda tough! There were several that were close including Bob's 02 but I think I've narrowed it down to 15 or 67. See what you guys think.

4. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Mark! Wow... three retained cuds in three days is awesome! You have really been working hard on these 100 customer rolls and what a nice number of coppers and wheats! I think Jon has done a great job to help you narrow this one down to 15 and 67. I'm not sure because the pics of 67 on COC's it is hard to tell exactly where the die crack terminates on the south end, but to me it looks to be a tad lower than 15. What do you guys think?

6. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Congrats Mark! Wow... three retained cuds in three days is awesome! You have really been working hard on these 100 customer rolls and what a nice number of coppers and wheats! I think Jon has done a great job to help you narrow this one down to 15 and 67. I'm not sure because the pics of 67 on COC's it is hard to tell exactly where the die crack terminates on the south end, but to me it looks to be a tad lower than 15. What do you guys think?
    Not sure. Those were the only two I felt had a shot. It maybe a new one.

8. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice find... Does not appear to be COCs http://cuds-on-coins.com/lincoln-cen...ed-cuds-1940s/ 15 or 67??? The exit points from the stalk on the north and south ends do not match... By the looks of it I think it is new???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

10. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Nice find... Does not appear to be COCs http://cuds-on-coins.com/lincoln-cen...ed-cuds-1940s/ 15 or 67??? The exit points from the stalk on the north and south ends do not match... By the looks of it I think it is new???
    Thanks Jim!! Sweet!!

12. Thanks jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes jfines69 liked this post