Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Thread: 1952D-1MM-024

Post Thanks / Like

1952D-1MM-024

Additional Information
    Date: 1952
    Variety: RPM
    Mint: Denver
    Coppercoins: 1MM-024

None of CC's die markers found but I believe it sure looks like 1MM-024. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks VAB2013, makecents, Rowdyricster thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents, Rowdyricster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great looking Lincoln and RPM Larry J! So... I think it's CC-024 also and the only other one that I saw that looked similar is CC-033 - but you know I am terrible at MM placement. Didn't see anything else on VV or Wexler.

Here's a link to Coppercoins 1952D-1MM-033

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Great looking Lincoln and RPM Larry J! So... I think it's CC-024 also and the only other one that I saw that looked similar is CC-033 - but you know I am terrible at MM placement. Didn't see anything else on VV or Wexler.

Here's a link to Coppercoins 1952D-1MM-033
    That's very close Vivien. I'll check it out. I feel bad now that I posted an unconfirmed on your birthday and it took you away from your special day!! Sorry, Larry J

5. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    That's very close Vivien. I'll check it out. I feel bad now that I posted an unconfirmed on your birthday and it took you away from your special day!! Sorry, Larry J
    Okay cool, let us know what you think between the two! Larry J. I am doing what I enjoy most on my birthday... spending time with you and the rest of the guys Actually I asked off work for today in advance so it's not counting as a sick day (which is convenient since I am sick) Whenever I'm trying to help you out, I learn a lot - so it helps both of us!

7. Thanks joel thanked for this post
    Likes joel, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Okay cool, let us know what you think between the two! Larry J. I am doing what I enjoy most on my birthday... spending time with you and the rest of the guys Actually I asked off work for today in advance so it's not counting as a sick day (which is convenient since I am sick) Whenever I'm trying to help you out, I learn a lot - so it helps both of us!
    Yes, I do remember looking at 033 also Vivien, but I thought that mine was further north and east toward the date than 033 was. Maybe someone else will add their perspective.

9. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Yes, I do remember looking at 033 also Vivien, but I thought that mine was further north and east toward the date than 033 was. Maybe someone else will add their perspective.
    Thank you for the follow up Larry J! You are much better at MM positioning than I am so I'm sticking with CC 024 too, unless Jim or someone else comes along and changes things!

11. Thanks joel thanked for this post
    Likes joel, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in with 024, nice find Larry!!

13. Thanks VAB2013, joel thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013, joel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in with CCs 024 also... Comparing Larrys with 024 and 033 I think Larry nailed the location... The big difference looks to be die wear related... I think Larrys could very well be a VEDS??? His MM is much sharper in appearance... Also compare the location and angles of the splits... 033s splits are slightly farther west and pointed more toward the center of the MM... Looks like 024 and 033 could have been punched by the same person on the same day one rite after the other??? Nice find Larry!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

15. Thanks joel, makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes joel, makecents, VAB2013 liked this post