Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Threaded View

Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    I've always been partial to Morgans, outside of the Lincoln cent but that is a nice looking design and I could learn to like gold if I could afford it. I know little about grading but the high areas look to be in great shape as far as I can tell. The lighting is a little harsh on the obverse though. Is that your blood and tears in the "N" of IN?
    I have always loved coins with Indians on them. For whatever reason, they are appealing to me. This coin was a gift from my father when I was but a boy. He was a carpenter and had a big family, so there was no extra money. Not sure how he afforded to get us each one. He worked hard. Anyway, it used to be in a bezel, but there is no visible damage from that, thank goodness. No idea what that spot on the reverse is or if I'm responsible to putting it there or not. Lol. Dad's still kicking, by the way. Turned 90 this year. I'll try to take a picture with less glare then. I'll probably send it in at some point, just so it is protected from now on. Thanks all for the input so far.
    Last edited by willbrooks; 06-24-2023 at 08:19 AM.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

2. Thanks Petespockets55, jfines69, joel thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55, jfines69, joel liked this post