Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

Multi-Variety / Error coins

I've been collecting RPMs, Doubled Dies, BIEs, and other Die Variety / Error coins for a long time, but have only recently started appreciating "multi" coins, ie RPMs and Doubled Dies that also have BIEs. In fact my interest is so new that I have not yet scoured the listings to see how many actually exist. I did such a thing with 1955-S, and published a crossover study for RPM#4 and how it progresses to the final stage with the "Sausage" BIE, and how the stages correspond to the Cohen and COC BIE listings. I plan to do a similar study on other dates, but am also hoping that others might be interested in contributing. What dies do you know of that have an RPM or DDO or both that eventually end up with a BIE?

Here are the RPM#4 study results:

https://www.lincolncentforum.com/for...ie-RPM-BIE-RCD
    Builder of Custom Coin Photography Setups. PM me with your needs or visit http://macrocoins.com

2. Thanks willbrooks, Petespockets55, joel, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes willbrooks, Petespockets55, joel, jfines69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I started looking at the VV RPM listings from 1958-D backwards. I made it through 1953-S so far. Here are the coins I found that have BIE's in their late stage(s):

58-D: None
    57-D: #1, #3, #4
    56-D: #1
    55-S: #4
    55-D: #5
    54-S: #4
    54-D: None
    53-S: #10

I'll keep moving backward, and eventually go over to the Doubled Dies.

I plan to see if I can cross-reference these multi-coins with the Cohen and COC listings like I did with the 55-S #4. Not sure how easy that will be but I think it's an interesting study.
    Builder of Custom Coin Photography Setups. PM me with your needs or visit http://macrocoins.com

4. Thanks Petespockets55, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55, jfines69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    How in depth are you looking Ray? Varieties with BIEs only, or any COC crossovers? For example: earlier die states of 1955S-RPM-004 were paired with an earlier reverse die that had a retained CUD.

In my spreadsheet I have VV-RPM-004 (Stage B/Late EDS/WRPM-005(Stage F)) (1st Rev. Die - DMR-009) crossing with RDC-1c-1955S-08R.

Then VV-RPM-004 (Stage I/VLDS/WRPM-005 (Stage K)) (2nd Rev. Die - DMR-007) crossing with LDB4-1955S-017 4RLHBE+1 and RDC-1c-1955S-01R.

Just wondering how deep you are diving before I look farther.

6. Thanks Petespockets55, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jay4202472000 View Post
    How in depth are you looking Ray? Varieties with BIEs only, or any COC crossovers? For example: earlier die states of 1955S-RPM-004 were paired with an earlier reverse die that had a retained CUD.

In my spreadsheet I have VV-RPM-004 (Stage B/Late EDS/WRPM-005(Stage F)) (1st Rev. Die - DMR-009) crossing with RDC-1c-1955S-08R.

Then VV-RPM-004 (Stage I/VLDS/WRPM-005 (Stage K)) (2nd Rev. Die - DMR-007) crossing with LDB4-1955S-017 4RLHBE+1 and RDC-1c-1955S-01R.

Just wondering how deep you are diving before I look farther.
    Did you go to the link I gave above for the RPM#4 study? Sounds like you also looked at RPM#4. Does your spreadsheet agree with my cross-reference? Anyway, I am interested in crosses to other refs. I did not cross to Wexler or CC so would be interesting to see those on #4.

8. Thanks Petespockets55, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds challenging to me! Good Luck
    VERDI-CARE™ ALL METAL CONSERVATION FLUID

10. Thanks jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes jfines69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really enjoy your work... You get deep into it!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!