Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Paid Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Answered: Feeder/ejector scrapes?

Adding to my personal library of "whatnot" coins. I'm thinking these striated lines on both the obverse and reverse might be an example of https://www.error-ref.com/feeder-ejector-scrapes/
    Is that correct?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. "No, sir. Not feeder finger scrapes. Those are deep and wide, and on memorial cents, always run NW to SE. See the entry in the glossary here. /http://www.lincolncentforum.com/terminology-list-f/
    What you have are planchet striations. PM me and I'll forward you my article on the subject."

3. Likes eye4coin liked this post
    Die & Design Expert, LCF Glossary Author willbrooks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 392
    No, sir. Not feeder finger scrapes. Those are deep and wide, and on memorial cents, always run NW to SE. See the entry in the glossary here. /http://www.lincolncentforum.com/terminology-list-f/
    What you have are planchet striations. PM me and I'll forward you my article on the subject.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

5. Thanks jfines69, RTopal thanked for this post
    Likes jfines69, RTopal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 104
    Hard to tell how the scrapes line up as the full obv/rev pics are to reflective but I did an overlay for you rev over obv... Error Ref talks about the obv rev scrapes lining up!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Hard to tell how the scrapes line up as the full obv/rev pics are to reflective but I did an overlay for you rev over obv... Error Ref talks about the obv rev scrapes lining up!!!
    Jim, planchet striations will also line up on the obverse and reverse. Ejection scrapes are something completely different and have NOTHING to do with this particular coin.
    All opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by willbrooks or his affiliates. Taking them may result in serious side effects. Results may vary. Offer not valid in New Jersey.

8. Thanks Maineman750, jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes jfines69 liked this post
    Paid Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by willbrooks View Post
    No, sir. Not feeder finger scrapes. Those are deep and wide, and on memorial cents, always run NW to SE. See the entry in the glossary here. /http://www.lincolncentforum.com/terminology-list-f/
    What you have are planchet striations. PM me and I'll forward you my article on the subject.
    My thanks! I was thrown by the fine striations in the photos on Error-Ref.com I'm not sure I understand their definition as I think they say it must be in accompaniment with another error. (I get confused easily).

I'll send you a PM for your article on Planchet Striations, just as soon as I figure out how the send a PM!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just email me. wabrooks@yahoo.com.

11. Thanks jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55, jfines69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Provided Answers: 104
    Jim, planchet striations will also line up on the obverse and reverse. Ejection scrapes are something completely different and have NOTHING to do with this particular coin.
    Gotcha... Thanks!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Mr. Brooks

Gail

14. Thanks jfines69 thanked for this post
    Likes jfines69 liked this post