Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Kicking off the Short-snorter project! Read for rules, info, and more

Please limit comments on this thread to progression of the bills. If you have any questions regarding the project, please contact either me or Chris via private message.

Hi folks,

I think we are just about ready to get this project going! Chris has gotten the required bills and I am sure they will be sent off shortly once we lay the ground rules for this project. Here is the official order that the bills will be going in. Once they reach the last person, they will be sent back to Chris, and the bills will be individually auctioned off to benefit the LCR. Please message the people you are receiving the bills from as well as sending to with contact info sooner rather than later, as to expedite the process.

The official order is as follows.
    liveandievarieties-->2old-->LKLive13-->penny man-->admrose-->thecentcollector-->
    willbrooks-->oncecent1909-->flyhi3-->jcuve-->coppercoins-->jallengomez-->simonm-->
    jhcons-->Steven-->DCW-->maineman750-->magers-->mustbebob-->EE169-->
    roller-->Brad-->historyhound-->twoyankees-->cimperialis
    -->Peter

More rules:

1) TRACKING INFO IS REQUIRED. Chris will fill in as how to do this. This is just for security purposes, so we can know where the bills are at all times.
    2) Once you send it off, please post in the thread that you are doing so, so the general forum can publicly track its progress.
    3) You will sign the bills with your actual name (first/last), as well as your username (effective september 2013). By my count, there should be 27 signatures on each bill, so please do not write too large. We want to fit everyone's name on the bills.
    4) Do your best to get the bills in the mail in a timely manner after you sign.

If anyone feels that they cannot comply with the above rules for whatever reason, or you feel that you no longer wish to participate in the project, please send me a private message as soon as you can so I can update the list before the bills get sent out.

This is going to be a fun project and I am greatly looking forward to it. I'd like to thank Chris for providing the bills, and everyone else for participating.

Simon
    Last edited by simonm; 11-18-2013 at 04:29 PM.

TPG & Market Expert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bills are pictured below.

PLEASE USE a gel-tip type pen, not ballpoint- it won't work on the high cotton content paper (Sharpies are too broad). Please sign small! Keep signatures on the front of the bills unless it's impossible to fit another name anywhere other than the backs.

Use ONLY a USPS Flat Rate Envelope- this service only costs a couple of bucks more than first class and comes with free tracking, it is also quickest. Anyone who cannot afford the $5 shipping fee, please speak up now- before they are sent to you.

When you receive and sign the bills, please post that you have, and include tracking information from the package you are sending on.

This thread should be solely for updates of the package, tracked each time a member sends it off. Please PM any questions or comments to Simon or myself.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by liveandievarieties; 09-08-2013 at 08:55 AM.
    [B][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2]Chris & Charity Welch- [COLOR=red]LIVEAN[/COLOR][COLOR=black]DIE[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]VARIETIES[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Purveyors of Modern Treasure [/FONT]

3. Thanks simonm thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tracking

9/6/2013 Ok, it's on the way to Larry. Tracking # 9114 9011 5981 8231 9497 59

9/5/2013 Arrived from Chris Tracking # 9114 9010 7574 2477 8638 85

I found the package in my mail this morning went I went out to get the paper. My mail route is a "When We Get Around To It Route". USPS didn't get around to it until sometime after 6:00 PM. Because I checked my mail just before the Broncos game last night and the box was empty.
    Last edited by JC Stevens; 09-06-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.

5. Thanks liveandievarieties, EE1969 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amosamos contacted me asking to be removed from the list for his own reasons, so jhcons will now be sending the bills to Steven.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, just to try to keep this thread as clean as possible, please direct any future questions to either me or Chris via private message. This thread is only to be used to update the progress of the bill. Thanks.
    Last edited by Maineman750; 09-09-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bills were delivered to me today. They are signed and on the way to pennyman! Tracking # is 9114901159815176363305

9. Thanks simonm, liveandievarieties thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Due to a mixup of the rules, 3 members have already signed with both their username and their real name. I think thst we should just continue it this way, as

1) Not everyone knows everyone's name here, and

2) to make the signatures consistent with each person.

I realize that not everyone liked the idea of having a username on the bill, but I would think that it would be better in the long run to have everyone sign it the same instead of just 3 people. Thanks.

11. Thanks jallengomez, Maineman750, JC Stevens, Historyhound thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I recieved the bills today, signed them, and they will go out ASAP.
    YN with a Lincoln Obsession! Check out my eCrater site
    Yes, the boxes in my avatar are all full. No, I'm not finished searching them yet.

13. Thanks simonm, liveandievarieties thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sent them today.
    Tracking number is:
    YN with a Lincoln Obsession! Check out my eCrater site
    Yes, the boxes in my avatar are all full. No, I'm not finished searching them yet.

15. Thanks simonm, liveandievarieties thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Received today. Signed and will personally hand them over to Andrew (thecentcollector) on Thursday.

17. Thanks liveandievarieties, simonm thanked for this post