Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Niceville has made the national news... The Northern Light Marina has had its boat storage building destroyed... Not sure what the rest of the area is like but I do know the local military installations are closed down... Recovery crews only allowed on bases... Of course most of the bases are fairly open and high winds can cause some serious damage!!!
    Oh my goodness Jim, here it is... looks like it went through a paper shredder, it's terrible! I didn't realize it got that bad in Niceville!

2. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Lincoln Cent Variety Expert mustbebob's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's what was weird about this storm. Total devastation next to buildings hardly touched in this area. trees in the middle of a stand of trees downed. If it weren't for the broken limbs, trees and other blown around debris, you wouldn't have known we were that close. I heard there were about 100 boats in that Marina.
    Bob Piazza
    Former Lincoln Cent Attributer Coppercoins.com

4. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
    Oh my goodness Jim, here it is... looks like it went through a paper shredder, it's terrible! I didn't realize it got that bad in Niceville!
    Thanks for the link... I totally forgot to put one in I could have sworn it was called the Northern Light Marina??? Unless Emerald Coast Marine is the boat maintenance and storage facility???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

6. Thanks makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was weird... Neighbor across the street lost a chunk of wood fence the hinges snapped on the gate and he already fixed it... I got a few branches down and a small tree in the back snapped at about 6 feet above the ground and other than a billion acorns in the yard we did good... Squirrels were out complaining tho
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

8. Thanks Petespockets55, makecents, VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes Petespockets55, makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was weird... Neighbor across the street lost a chunk of wood fence the hinges snapped on the gate and he already fixed it... I got a few branches down and a small tree in the back snapped at about 6 feet above the ground and other than a billion acorns in the yard we did good... Squirrels were out complaining tho
    Glad you and Bob came through it fairly well! Haven't seen Roller post yet.

10. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mustbebob View Post
    That's what was weird about this storm. Total devastation next to buildings hardly touched in this area. trees in the middle of a stand of trees downed. If it weren't for the broken limbs, trees and other blown around debris, you wouldn't have known we were that close. I heard there were about 100 boats in that Marina.
    That is odd Bob, sounds like the way tornado's hop around and hit some things and miss others right next to it. The Marina looked so badly damaged in the photo, you couldn't even tell there were any boats!

Post Thanks / Like
    That is odd Bob, sounds like the way tornado's hop around and hit some things and miss others right next to it. The Marina looked so badly damaged in the photo, you couldn't even tell there were any boats!
    The marina that was hit is on the east end of Niceville... So much for what I know I thought it was the one on the west end where I am closest!!!
    Jim

13. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Likes VAB2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The marina that was hit is on the east end of Niceville... So much for what I know I thought it was the one on the west end where I am closest!!!
    That was just the first one in Niceville that came up on Google, from the looks of things... there could be other damaged Marina's too. Mexico Beach aerial photos looks like a scattered lumber yard, hardly any dwellings left just slabs with pipes sticking out. Panama City looks really bad too but a lot of the buildings were able to hold up. So sad!

Post Thanks / Like
    That was just the first one in Niceville that came up on Google, from the looks of things... there could be other damaged Marina's too. Mexico Beach aerial photos looks like a scattered lumber yard, hardly any dwellings left just slabs with pipes sticking out. Panama City looks really bad too but a lot of the buildings were able to hold up. So sad!
    The Northern Light Marina had very little damage from what my wife saw when she went by there... Mexico Beach is totally gone... About the only building remaining mostly intact is the reality building (has the red roof)... Also the condos/apartments are still standing... I did a comparison of a satellite image from 2015 with the image from the other day and there is a lot of stuff just gone... The hurricane really did a number up the east coast also... I saw this afternoon that over 400 thousand are still without power in Virginia!!!
    Jim

16. Thanks VAB2013 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jim, that's interesting you were comparing aerial images of Mexico Beach, I was just looking at this earlier today - One Mile of Devastation in Florida (Mexico Beach) https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...amage-map.html