Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1958 D OBW?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_parkhurst View Post
    That roll looks legit to me. For sure I would pay up to $16 for that roll. I'm not sure I have that bank represented in my collection.

And BTW, I would not sell you any OBW 58-D rolls for $8. All you will get for that much is junk re-rolls.
    I know you are quite experienced at this Ray and was waiting for your input. I will definitely get pictures of one or two before I sped. I'll post them when I do and, if you don't mind, pm you to take a look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roller View Post
    I know you are quite experienced at this Ray and was waiting for your input. I will definitely get pictures of one or two before I sped. I'll post them when I do and, if you don't mind, pm you to take a look.
    No worries, would love to see how they turn out.
    Builder of Custom Coin Photography Setups. PM me with your needs or visit http://macrocoins.com

Post Thanks / Like
    No worries, would love to see how they turn out.
    Here's a representative few of what is available. I certainly don't think the three rolls in the background qualify for OBWs. Some doubt about two of the ones in the foreground.
    The wrappers are Manufacturers Trust Co.; Standard Paper Goods Mfg. Co.; and Brandt Waterton, WI.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Those Manufacturers Trust Company rolls look fairly promising. The others not so much. My strategy would be to put away the 3 MTC rolls with better crimping, and open the other two to search, figuring the 3 will also have similar coins in them.
    Builder of Custom Coin Photography Setups. PM me with your needs or visit http://macrocoins.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Those Manufacturers Trust Company rolls look fairly promising. The others not so much. My strategy would be to put away the 3 MTC rolls with better crimping, and open the other two to search, figuring the 3 will also have similar coins in them.
    Thanks Ray. I have not bought any of it yet so I will consider buying the MTCs.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I understand the folks in the know .only one of those rolls look unopened??? The others appear to have had one end rolled open then attempted to be rerolled???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    If I understand the folks in the know .only one of those rolls look unopened??? The others appear to have had one end rolled open then attempted to be rerolled???
    Who are your "folks" Jim? I think what Ray is saying is that all four in the foreground look good. Would like to know differing opinions from your sources.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the middle one of the back 3 is also OK. It looks like a 5th MTC roll.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the middle one of the back 3 is also OK. It looks like a 5th MTC roll.
    That's what I thought you said. Right or wrong I ordered the five and will report. I consider you the best source even if not infallible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roller View Post
    Who are your "folks" Jim? I think what Ray is saying is that all four in the foreground look good. Would like to know differing opinions from your sources.
    There was a thread on here a few weeks ago about opened or unopened rolls... The ends of the rolls looked similar to the ones you have in this thread with the funky crushed ends... If I remember correctly the concensus was they had been opened and rerolled??? I will need to find that thread... I believe you, Ray, Ed and there were a couple of others also??? I will get back to you on it... Like you said tho Ray is the best source!!!

Added - Here is the thread I am thinking about http://www.lincolncentforum.com/foru...1-Real-or-Fake Enlighten me please!!!
    Last edited by jfines69; 08-25-2018 at 12:39 PM.
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!