Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Mrcoins101

Could this be a true doubled die 1967 SMS Roosevelt Dime ?

No matter how hard Ive look I have not been able to find a single 1967 doubled die SMS Roosevelt Dime and I believe that I'm seeing a genuine doubling on my 1967 SMS Dime ... so is there any doubled die experts here who can verify if this is actually a doubled die ?IMG_20180812_035532425.jpgScreenshot_20180812-083551.jpgScreenshot_20180812-083430.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mrcoins101; 08-12-2018 at 05:38 AM.

Lincoln Cent Variety Expert mustbebob's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This does not appear to be a hub doubled die. It looks like light MD.
    Bob Piazza
    Former Lincoln Cent Attributer Coppercoins.com

Mrcoins101
    Quote Originally Posted by mustbebob View Post
    This does not appear to be a hub doubled die. It looks like light MD.
    That's very strange because I actually found a doubled die coin on Wexler that has THE SAME EXACT form of hub doubling on it . But I just have never seen a 1967 SMS with a doubled die before . But regardless thanks for the opinion and any supportive facts are always very welcome .

Mrcoins101
    So does this look like light machine doubling too or does this look like actual doubled die on the NOSE and EAR ?

IMG_20180813_035729107.jpgIMG_20180813_035749121.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I moved this thread to Off Topic Discussion since it is not a Lincoln Cent!!!
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Help us out a little... Where on Wexlers did you find a similar DD???
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Mrcoins101
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    Help us out a little... Where on Wexlers did you find a similar DD???
    Well unfortunately I was instructed to remove the screen shot of a Wexler DD with similar DD by the lincolns forum patrol . But the photo that I shared that has the same doubling on Wexler is listed as a " Best of variety " 1964 25¢ PR WDDO-004 CONECA : 2•0•ll
    Last edited by Mrcoins101; 08-15-2018 at 11:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrcoins101 View Post
    Well unfortunately I was instructed to remove the screen shot of a Wexler DD with similar DD by the lincolns forum patrol . But the photo that I shared that has the same doubling on Wexler is listed as a " Best of variety " 1964 25¢ PR WDDO-004 CONECA : 2•0•ll
    You can post a link to what you want people to look at. That's legal but not a copy of someone's pics.
    Being similar would be a good thing but it won't be the same die because SMS dies were prepped different than proof dies but it could be a similar DDO.

Post a link, you'll get better inputs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrcoins101 View Post
    Yea we frown on the copy wright infringement stuff... If you get written permission to use a pic from its owner then it is ok to post them here otherwise a link to the pic will do... I checked out the 25c WDDO-004 http://doubleddie.com/1936504.html and best I can tell is your 10c does not appear to make the devices any larger so I'm in with the MD... Thanks for the follow up!!!
    Jim