Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Post Thanks / Like

Coin Roll Hunting Part Deux

On Monday I picked up a box of pennies from my big box bank inside city limits. Pretty much one of the poorest areas of Baltimore. All rolls were heavily circulated. A lot of corrosion and zinc rot. But also a TON of copper coins. These coins were some of the worst I have ever seen.

When I CRH I am a one handed bandit. I wear a latex glove and sort with my right hand. I keep my left hand free for a frosty beverage, to scratch my noggin, or to adjust my spectacles. I went through two sets of gloves because this box was totally grody!

So I realized something when I was sorting my last box. I have to go to the branch that will have what I am looking for. If I want new pennies, then I have to goto a branch that services a higher end business clientele. If I want coppers then I need to go to the branches that have customer rolled pennies. After these past two boxes, I think I am ready for some UNC sliders.

Stats:
    542 total coppers (21.7%)
    272 coppers to date sort later (10.1%)
    193 coppers damaged and into the bullion bag (7.7%) *
    136 non copper key dates (5.4%)
    66 copper non bullion dates to check for errors (2.6%) *
    10 wheat pennies
    1 Canadian

* so weird that these two stats were exactly the same from last CRH box

E2608610-03DC-4F90-886A-7B9C4EA4CDDE.jpg 953AD280-E7BB-4E0B-A673-2F2EFDA60E85.jpg DE1F3568-174B-491E-A0C9-301080221A42.jpg BD9D750D-8500-495C-88E7-3E0AF7825E6E.jpg 1135310C-8F33-4F12-BE0E-6E01388B33A3.jpg

CRH #1 http://www.lincolncentforum.com/foru...n-Roll-Hunting
    Last edited by emodx; 06-12-2018 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Adding pics from phone

2. Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    With those 2 stats being the same makes me wonder if the rolls were from the same person??? Looks like that glove has had a serious work out... Good to have a free hand for the glasses... I'm tempted to glue mine to the nose
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice copper takedown again!! Good luck on the variety search, you have a few to check out. My drink sits on my left also and my right hand gets the grody.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by makecents View Post
    Very nice copper takedown again!! Good luck on the variety search, you have a few to check out. My drink sits on my left also and my right hand gets the grody.
    I bet you get some good hunting in the Roanoke area. Bunch of old timey banks to make nice with the tellers. I took my son and daughter to the train museum there. What a fun time! Two of my older kids are at Tech. I really like that area!

6. Thanks makecents thanked for this post
    Likes makecents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    With those 2 stats being the same makes me wonder if the rolls were from the same person??? Looks like that glove has had a serious work out... Good to have a free hand for the glasses... I'm tempted to glue mine to the nose
    I am at the point I need bifocals, just can't pull the trigger quite yet. Maybe when I hit 45.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emodx View Post
    I bet you get some good hunting in the Roanoke area. Bunch of old timey banks to make nice with the tellers. I took my son and daughter to the train museum there. What a fun time! Two of my older kids are at Tech. I really like that area!
    I've only been Lincoln searching for about the same time as I've been on here and have been fortunate to have found several varieties. I don't have to go to the banks though, my wife works in the vault of a big box and just changes out rolls for me, I'm kinda spoiled. Good area though, small town feel but with things to do still. Tech is a good school and people in this area are hard core Tech or UVA fans!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emodx View Post
    I am at the point I need bifocals, just can't pull the trigger quite yet. Maybe when I hit 45.
    I past the bifocals several years ago... I have coke bottle bottoms (tri-focals)
    Jim
    (A.K.A. Elmer Fudd) Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting coins!!! Good Hunting!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfines69 View Post
    I past the bifocals several years ago... I have coke bottle bottoms (tri-focals)
    I know what you mean Jim, "youngsters" bragging about only needing bifocals.