PDA

View Full Version : Just saying hello!

kookiemomster48
10-14-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm not a serious coin collector as I just don't have time to do it well but I've always been fascinated by old coins, wheat pennies and mercury dimes especially.
I'm an almost 62 year old female wood carver and jewelry maker (not silversmith or lapidarist-that was hubby's job and since he passed on last year friends do that kind of work for me if I need it done.)
I love to make jewelry with old coins (doing no damage, of course!) and I've joined the group so as to learn to properly identify special pennies.
I have one special one which may be just post release damage but might, just might, be a stamping error. I made a folder called "my weird penny".
Sure hope my confusion can be put to rest.
Thanks!
My coins fascinate me almost as much as my gems do and that's saying a lot.
Casey :D

lineop3
10-15-2010, 05:02 AM
Welcome Casey to the LCR forums. It's wonderful to know you decided to join us with that background of yours. We see some strange coins with the bezel markings on them that you could possibly clarify for us if they come up again.
Who knows, by joining us you might pickup another hobby?!
Let us see your work sometime.

Aisha

duck620
10-15-2010, 07:07 AM
Welcome Casey.Have fun showing & talking about your coins with other members who love collecting as much as you.WELCOME!!!!!

Ken.

Cdiddle
10-15-2010, 08:46 AM
Welcome to LCR. This is the best forum to be in to either show or learn. Great people here.

DoubleYou
10-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Welcome aboard!

JeanK
10-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Wow Casey, your interests sound like a younger version of myself. I did not start serious collecting of coins until I reached about 60 years of age, and now at 65 I don't think I can stop collecting.
I was a rockhound from an early age, enjoyed lapidary and learning geology along with it, and have made jewelry, and all kinds of stuff. No woodworking, but hey, it could happen.
Welcome to LCR, and I do look forward to seeing what you have found that caught your eye enough to want to 'collect' it.
Jean

koinmon
10-15-2010, 10:38 AM
WHO NEEDS TO BE SERIOUS ANYWAYS; I FOR ONE DON'T MAKE MY LIVING DOING COINS. JUST ENJOY WHAT YOU DO AND KNOWLEDGE WILL INCREASE ALONGG THE WAY. "JUST ENOY"! AND WELCOME TO THE FORUM.
George

jfines69
10-16-2010, 06:31 AM
Casey,
Welcome to the LCR... This is the best place to learn and show others what you have... It may be a Lincoln cent web site but you will see other coins here as well... If you have other coins that you have questions about the pros here can answer your questions and send you to a multitude of other sites... Some of the pros have already chimes in - Aisha (Eagle Eye 1) - Jean (Eagle Eye 2) - Wendell (Claims not to be a pro because he's only 18 but I know better... Others include Bob - Jason - BJ - Billy - Mike to name a few... To get you started visit Jasons' site errorvariety.com... He has a way with words and photographs that in my opinion is unsurpassed... Other sites to visit include coppercoins.com - maddieclashes.com and traildies.com... Those will get you going really good... Again welcome and we look forward to your posts and pics!!!