PDA

View Full Version : Scram Gravy

AstroRaider
10-18-2010, 02:33 PM
Like the rest of this group, I search for everything on Lincoln cents.

As yet, I have not found any confirmed "wavy steps".

As I go through the coins, I check the obverse first and go through the various inspection points (you can probably hear me mumbling "no doubling", then "no RPM", etc.). When I flip the coin over, I check for die axis error, and then go through the inspection points. You can probably hear me mumble "no doubling", then you might hear me mumble...

"Scram Gravy"

Now, for you younger numismatists, there used to be a comic strip called Smokey Stover which took place in a fire-hall (from the 30's through the 70's). It was silly humor with puns and funny catch-phrases posted on walls and things. One such popular catch-phrase is illustrated below, and you'll see why I mumble "scram gravy" when I look at the Memorial steps on LC reverses...

http://www.lincolncentresource.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=245&pictureid=3411

simonm
10-18-2010, 03:38 PM
Interesting...Thanks for the enlightenment!

Cdiddle
10-18-2010, 03:42 PM
:LOL_Hair::LOL_Hair: Wavey steps will never be the same. LOL

jcuve
10-18-2010, 05:26 PM
LOL - thanks for the post.

...Keep up the hunt for Wavysteps, they're out there. Try having your light-source low and above the memorial - it is easier to see the Wavysteps. I guarantee they are out there ready to be found...

koinmon
10-18-2010, 05:39 PM
SILLY KLINGON! KEEP ON LOOKIN YOU'LL FIND SOME.
George