PDA

View Full Version : Page 77 of The RPM Book Second Edition: Lincoln Cents

Wheat Cents
05-04-2008, 08:02 PM
If any of y'all have a copy of The RPM Book Second Edition: Lincoln Cents...

Turn to page 77 and focus your attention on the last two pictures. ( not only the mint mark )

1949-S RPM#8 and 1949-S RPM#9

Notice any similarities ?

Rockefella
05-04-2008, 08:24 PM
i want that book... are they always at least $75? was yours? maybe they should just make more :tinysmile_hmm_t:

oops i jacked this thread, sorry.. :angel:

CCC
05-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Wheat,

The pictures are probalbly the same coin, the only difference is the art of putting pictures on paper. The top picture is futher east on the lower leg of the 4. That is the only difference I see in the photo's.

Rock. I bought mine off ebay. 30.00. It took me 2 yrs. to find.

David

eaxtellcoin
05-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Yep Same pic Wheat... Also look at P.P. 82 1950-S RPM#6 and 1950-S RPM#7. That is also the same pic. RPM#6 is the incorrect Picture. #7 is correct

Rock... I paid $24.95 for one of the originals when they came out... The prices they are asking on e-bay right now is pure robbery... I would go onto CONECA's web site and see if Dr Wiles can find one for you. He can at least lead you to someone reputable for a copy.....

Wheat Cents
05-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Yep Same pic Wheat... Also look at P.P. 82 1950-S RPM#6 and 1950-S RPM#7. That is also the same pic. RPM#6 is the incorrect Picture. #7 is correct.

I knew you'd notice those too Eric. I seem to remember there being another dupe photo which I referred to in another thread....

Was going through the original RPM book and remarked to another CONECA member how I like the resolution of those photos, considering how old they are. Probably because of the glossy paper stock , those photos did not bleed like the 2nd edition did. Also I really liked the phots of die stages. I like to take photos of the Die Stages . It is really import if you are to be dead on on IDing them yourself. It is written word in the RPM 2nd edition and leaves much to interpretation and so still many are misattributed. Even on Web Sites specializing in LC varieties..