PDA

View Full Version : 1988P Jesus Christ or Lincoln holding cross?

coin-crazy
01-04-2011, 08:10 PM
This has to be one of my more controversial threads.I found this coin a while ago but never could get good pics until now. The first time
I seen this coin ,it reminded me of Jesus holding the cross.Well I said enough,Im just curious to see what other has to say..:crossedlips:

Roller
01-05-2011, 03:26 AM
That is curious and better than seeing Mary on a piece of toasted bread. The toast sold on ebay (I think) for a tidy sum. Take a shot. LOL

georoxx
01-05-2011, 04:37 AM
I see that this die had been heavily abraded. I'll say the "vertical" anomaly is either an especially heavy abrasion mark or a precarious gouge. The "cross member" is likely part of the clash remnant that was not removed during the abrading.

-George

DoubleYou
01-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Probably die scratches from the die worker polishing off the clash.

Wendell

Q: Why is a paper dollar better than a dollar coin?
A: Because when you fold it, you double it, and when you unfold it, it in creases.

coin-crazy
01-05-2011, 09:53 AM
That is curious and better than seeing Mary on a piece of toasted bread. The toast sold on ebay (I think) for a tidy sum. Take a shot. LOL
I wonder can I sell it on ebay like dat piece of toast,and see a pretty sum...lol

DoubleYou
01-05-2011, 09:58 AM
First, you have to make a big noise about it to the media...

Then, sell it on ebaby.

Good luck.

Wendell

A: Because when you fold it, you double it, and when you unfold it, it in creases.

AstroRaider
01-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Here, you might as well include this one as a set...

In bay 2, isn't that the Madonna?

http://www.lincolncentresource.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=245&pictureid=3357

We'll make a fortune on eBay

:LOL_Hair:

DoubleYou
01-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Actually, that's an upside down Y.

Wendell

coin-crazy
01-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Wow you guys are something else.....:LOL_Hair: