PDA

View Full Version : coin counting machine

sensehunter
01-09-2011, 08:13 AM
Hi--if anyone has any advice on a good, long-lasting automatic coin counting machine, I would like to hear about one..I see a lot to choose from, and, figure you folks have to low-down on the best to buy......prefer under 100 dollars, if possible, and, is easy to use...getting tired of manually filling paper tubes with searched cents.
Thanks
Cal

koinmon
01-09-2011, 10:33 AM
I DON'T EVEN BOTHER RERAPPING COINS ANYMORE. COSTS NOTHING (AS LONG AS YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT) AT MY BANK TO JUST DUMP THEM IN THE COUNTER IN THE LOBBY.
George

pennies4pennies
01-09-2011, 12:33 PM
I don't have a counter myself but what I see from reports that the ones that cost around $60.00 is junk. They last about $50.00 in rolls then start falling apart. If I was going to get one it would have to be metal not plastic.
Frank

snowman
01-09-2011, 02:37 PM
maybe you should find a "dump" bank that has a free coin counting in your area that has this service. many do in the country

Mine does .. it works out good for me :D

pennies4pennies
01-09-2011, 04:18 PM
I just bring in bags to the bank, they don't want them rolled. I guess I'm lucky.

sensehunter
01-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Were a small town...a bank dump would be fine, but, I like to mark the ends of my rolls with colored tape, so, I don't get search "new" rolls that actually were returns by me! It almost happened last week...I did a swap, and, the teller gave me 6 rolls of nickels I had already searched and returned, which I quickly recognized as mine!

mustbebob
01-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Now you know why I never cash in any pennies. Two reasons acually...I don't want to re-search rolls I have already gone through, and the second reason is the extra weight keeps the house from blowing away in a hurricane! I guess the 250,000 cents would weigh about 17000 pounds.

eaxtellcoin
01-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Have you tried a different branch of the same bank? I agree with the other's - as long as you have an account they'll pay face, no charge. Then go to another branch to buy new. Since your in a small town - try a different bank to buy and sell the searched back to where you bank...