PDA

View Full Version : 1972-d 1-o-i?

Rum River Coin
07-16-2008, 05:26 AM
I haven't been on this Forum for quite awhile, but I know where to go when I need to ask the experts!
Flipping through some Memorials last night I found this '72-D. It seems to match up well with CONECA 1-O-I. Your thoughts?

Rum River Coin
07-16-2008, 05:37 AM
I neglected to include my photo of "LIBE".

Brad
07-16-2008, 06:26 AM
Looks like the right coin to me...are you selling it?

Rum River Coin
07-16-2008, 07:17 AM
At this time, I am intending to add it to my book of varieties and errors. Should I find another one, I would consider it. I would be curious about the market value of this piece, however.

OCD
07-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Nice find.

Shingpumps
07-16-2008, 03:11 PM
This is the 72D? If so nice find.

1sgret
07-16-2008, 03:53 PM
I haven't been on this Forum for quite awhile, but I know where to go when I need to ask the experts!
Flipping through some Memorials last night I found this '72-D. It seems to match up well with CONECA 1-O-I. Your thoughts?
Check Coppercoins.com for their listing of the coin and approx price. Nice find! Congrats!

Brad
07-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Check Coppercoins.com for their listing of the coin and approx price. Nice find! Congrats!

Those Coppercoins prices are not changed very often. I think they are a good start...but I would never rely on them completely. With uncommon varieties I would get info from as many sources as possible.

1sgret
07-17-2008, 01:26 AM
Those Coppercoins prices are not changed very often. I think they are a good start...but I would never rely on them completely. With uncommon varieties I would get info from as many sources as possible.
That's because the Variety and Error coins are too volatile and driven by collector wants. I would hate to research every coin for prices Same as the CPG is way off also on coin prices. Collectors set the price (some good, some bad as some sellers find out). Economics does not help either.

Rum River Coin
07-17-2008, 04:55 AM
I appreciate all of your input. I had never searched Memorial cents for varieties before this week (only wheats). About 50 coins into my first search, I found the '72-D DDO, so I probably have a skewed perception of the availability. I'll just have to keep looking!

mustbebob
07-17-2008, 08:08 AM
I agree with Brad and others about the coppercoins prices. They are meant only as a guide, and the caveat pretty much states that. I will research and update the prices if I see some sort of evidence that a coin's price has changed significantly. With over 2100 varieties listed for the Lincoln cent alone, it would take me years to update them all! Anyway, if any of you find any prices on the site that might warrant me taking another look at them, please let me know. However, I will not do so for common varieties that don't have significant collector interest.

CCC
07-17-2008, 12:36 PM
Nice find! Regardless of the price of the coin it is a collectable. I would like to find one.