PDA

View Full Version : Any References?

Chris Murphy
04-13-2011, 04:10 PM
I thought this 2001 P was worth a few comments. I'm not sure what you would call the color tone, and it appears to have splash of die (for lack of a better term) running across the reverse. Also I was wondering if my fellow members can help me match up this 1919 S if possible?

mustbebob
04-13-2011, 05:46 PM
Chris,
It looks like your 2001P is toning, and it does look artificial toning. Maybe someone spilled something on it, or left it in the elements?
As far as the 1919S, it appears to be a normal coin with some die deterioration.

jfines69
04-14-2011, 05:06 AM
Bob,
The 19S doen't look like a DD to you... I can see what looks like seperation on the MM and "RTY"... Unless it's MD... I see the normal wear!!!

mustbebob
04-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Jim,
The RTY on LIBERTY may have some MD on it, and the mintmark is simple die deterioration. Had the mintmark been doubled, it would be an RPM, not the product of a doubled die...but then again, you already knew that...right?

jfines69
04-15-2011, 04:50 AM
Jim,
The RTY on LIBERTY may have some MD on it, and the mintmark is simple die deterioration. Had the mintmark been doubled, it would be an RPM, not the product of a doubled die...but then again, you already knew that...right?
OK my postings are not coming out correctly... I didn't mean the MM was a DD but RPM... Hopefully my posting improves shortly... Thanks Bob!!!