PDA

View Full Version : Possible new ddr

koinmon
04-30-2011, 07:56 AM
FOUND THIS A FEW DAYS AGO. WAS WONDERING IF THIS MIGHT ALSO BE A DDR.
George

hasfam
04-30-2011, 08:13 AM
Interesting. I like bay 1, it has potential. On the other hand, I found a very similiar coin a few days ago as well but it wasn't a DDR. Instead, it was the longest die gouge I can remember ever seeing. It went along column 2 in bay 1 from top to bottom and was thick. There was also a heavy or lengthy die gouge to the left of the memorial at the top, kind of like yours too. I kept it because I had not seen anything quite like it before and it was so extreme. it might have been a 1993 too. I'm going to check whan i return home.
But, like i said, I like what i see in bay 1. Hopefully it will turn out to be a nice DDR.

simonm
04-30-2011, 01:43 PM
I would say that there is definitely potential for this one being a doubled die! But as perviously stated, there is always a chance that it could be a crazy die gouge or something else. I would certainly wait for the opinion of the pros around here...

mustbebob
04-30-2011, 03:27 PM
George, I am intrigued by what's in bay #1, but I also see what appears to be plating issues on the left cornice. If possible, I would like to have a look at this one some time.