PDA

View Full Version : 1992-d ddr?

ERRORCENTS
05-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Hello all here is a coin i need help with. This looks like to be a 1992-D DDr EXTRA COLUMNS!!!!?. Please let me know what you all think, thank you very much.

Patrick

Roller
05-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Difficult to tell; with the plating issues and corrosion I lean toward not DDR. One of the 'sperts will clear it up though.

hasfam
05-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Your post says 1991D but the coin is a 1992D. Billy shows a 1992 in the 23 issue of DVN but the doubling is in different bays. I don't know of a 1992D double column listing. There maybe one out there though or it might be a new listing. It looks real nice.

jfines69
05-04-2011, 03:42 AM
I'm glad Rock chimed in because I was thinking plating issues like Roller... Then again INP(I'm No Pro)!!!

hasfam
05-04-2011, 04:28 AM
Well, I'm the farthest thing from a pro as you can get. I'm just glad LCR doesn't have a tally for wrong answers. I'd probably be leading that category.
It may very well be a plating problem, but from what I can see, if I found that coin I would have posted it like Roller or would have sent it off to Bob or Billy. Like I said, I like the way it looks. Hoping for the best.

jfines69
05-04-2011, 05:05 AM
I'm just glad LCR doesn't have a tally for wrong answers. I'd probably be leading that category.

Rock,
I must disagree whole heartedly with you... I am the leader of the Wrong Answer Band... Without me you guys wouldn't have anything to do... LOL... You are a pro in my eyes and the eyes of alot of others on this forum... We are happy to have you and all the other pros here to guide us in our coin afflictions... LOL... Thanks!!!

hasfam
05-04-2011, 05:29 AM
LOL Jim, and thanks for the kind words. One of the many reasons I love this forum is the amount of knowledge and experience everyone brings to the table, and without arrogance or belittling others. It seem that for every one time I might have a chance to teach someone something, I'm learning 3 new things myself.

copperlover
05-04-2011, 06:16 PM
It is good to see people with some knowledge showing their best attributes. This is what will continue to set us apart from others. I see a lot of love and sharing & caring. As far as assessment of this coin, I would have to see more of the reverse like the area leading to the steps and the base of the memorial before I could say it is a DDR.

Lucien