PDA

View Full Version : 1930-d/d

sonyaonya
05-05-2011, 09:15 AM
I believe that this coin matches the description that is listed in the Coppercoins.com directory. There are no photos available for this RPM.

Copper coins says:

"This variety shows a rather light and weak extra upper serif to the north of the upper serif on the primary mintmark"

It's listed as:

1930D-

1MM-002
D/D NORTH
CONECA: RPM-002 Crawford: unknown
Wexler: WRPM-002 FS#: 1c-013.7

If that wasn't enough to ask for it kind of looks like there is some type of 'doubling' on the date.

What's everyone else think?

lineop3
05-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Did you check Wexler's site? He has the RPM #2 photographed.

Aisha

liveandievarieties
05-05-2011, 01:29 PM
It's also in the Cherrypicker's Guide (FS-502). Eric Axtell (eaxtell) will be able to tell you for sure, if he can from the photos. FS varieties are really what I'm best at, but RPM #2 is quite rare, and I've only handled a couple of them in the last few years.

IF this variety turns out to be RPM #2, I'd certainly be interested in it if you were willing to part with the coin. Best wishes.

eaxtellcoin
05-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Sonya, The first pic is RPM#1, the second pic is RPM#2. Look very closely at mintmark/date relationship. I believe your coin is closer to RPM#1 in position. As far away as the pic is and the amount of verdigris, you may want to talk to badthad about verdi gone before making a decision unless you are 100 percent sure you can see something like the pics attached.

There is just to much verdigris to make an accurate assumption from that far away and what is shown. Eric

Sonya - I compared the coins, position is not right for either coin. We need a close up to confirm variety.

sonyaonya
05-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Sonya - I compared the coins, position is not right for either coin. We need a close up to confirm variety.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for helping me out with this. I'm afraid that these photos are the best that I can do. I hope they help you help me.

Thanks again;

Sonya

jfines69
05-06-2011, 05:09 AM
Definite RPMs... As to which I do not know... Nice find!!!

WaterSport
05-06-2011, 10:14 AM
I do not think its RPM#2 either. Here is a good close up of an EDS example.
WS
http://idisk.mac.com/gonfunko/Public/30 RPM2.jpg

eaxtellcoin
05-07-2011, 07:08 AM
Sonya, I don't see enouph to verify it's an RPM. The position does'nt match anything listed. The best bet hear is to send to Bob for an in hand exam. If there is something missing we cannot see from a pic, He would be able to verify. Eric