PDA

View Full Version : This would be...

lineop3
05-06-2011, 01:28 PM
...a new RPM only if the split serif shown was not mentioned by mistake.
This die is VERY similar to RPM #6.

Aisha

liveandievarieties
05-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Aisha- Do you ever use the RPM book by James Wiles? It's a monster reference which has many varieties covered that you won't find on the internet (just too many RPMs out there!) But it's a real wealth of information. The book has been out of print for years and sells for a very stiff premium (I paid Ken Potter $150 for it 3 years ago!). I don't use my copy like I used to, business has taken a different direction and you'd get more enjoyment out of it than I would. If you are interested in the book, I'd be willing to make a deal that didn't cost you any cash. Only if you can use it. Sorry to immediately take your thread in a different direction, lol.

Back to your coin- this is really weird, but I had a 60D RPM #5 sitting on my laptop when I read this post. I came across it last night and it hadn't gone anywhere. Do you want it? If not, it may just get spent. Looking at the #5 and then your photos- completely different. And not in the RPM book, but there's a lot that isn't. Interesting though.

jfines69
05-06-2011, 03:45 PM
The position of the split serifs and the anomoly on the vertical bar I think think this is a D/D/D... IMHO INP!!!

eaxtellcoin
05-07-2011, 07:15 AM
Aisha, that serif is part of the hole mintmark to the "WEST" you were correct with WRPM#11/RPM#6.