PDA

View Full Version : 1992P too many issues to list

hemisboats
05-10-2011, 07:00 AM
I will add pictuures that show as many issues as possible. My favorite 2 are the vain in Abe's head, (probably P.O'ed about the polish lines reverse) and the "Y" transfer in the 2nd west columb. Many more, but there are no gas bubbles.

Neal

copperlover
05-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Hemi if it's OK we could do a lot better if you list what Questions and we tackle them one after the other. I know it is a little overwhelming if so many things come to mind at the same time. I will try to help you if I can but you have to walk with me or anyone
else who assist. Looking forward to your posts.

Lucien

hemisboats
05-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Hemi if it's OK we could do a lot better if you list what Questions and we tackle them one after the other. I know it is a little overwhelming if so many things come to mind at the same time. I will try to help you if I can but you have to walk with me or anyone
else who assist. Looking forward to your posts.

Lucien
Thanks Lucien!
It's not so much overwhelming as exhausting. My disability leaves me to peck one letter at a time especially after fighting with the microscope to get the best pictures.
Lets look at the reverse. Are the horizontal scratches from improper mold preparation?

hasfam
05-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Neal,
The lighter horizontal scratches on the reverse might be the results of the die being polished. The thicker lines might be die scratches. I say might because without seeing the coin in hand I couldn't be totally certain. Dies will under go polishing as it ages with use. over the course of time and use a die could pick up abnormalties to it's surface such as a clash or a nick, chip, scratch etc. They will polish the surface and put it back into service. This could also result in an overabraided die which I'm sure you have heard of. A lot of times some of the devices are lost or partially lost due to abraision or over polishing. I hope some of this helps you in a little way.

coinman2009
05-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Most likely just there from cleaning a well used die to extend the life a bit more. Sounds Good? Not Real Sure!:tinysmile_eyebrow_t

hemisboats
05-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Understood. What about the vain on the forehead?
Neal

copperlover
05-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Rock and Coinman thanks for helping out here. These answers sound as good or better Than I expected. Hemi I need to know if you follow the answers given. I hope you will be able to post the coin under discussion. Thanks again for your input.

Lucien

hemisboats
05-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Oh yes, I check about 300 times a day. It gives me something to do, I'm home alone, no pun intended, all day. But things take me longer to do than for others.

Thanks
Neal

hemisboats
05-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Rock and Coinman thanks for helping out here. These answers sound as good or better Than I expected. Hemi I need to know if you follow the answers given. I hope you will be able to post the coin under discussion. Thanks again for your input.

Lucien
Do I have to move it ? If so, how?:D

jfines69
05-10-2011, 03:28 PM
It appears the REV has been heavily abraided to remove the massive die clash of which they missed a little like the "TY" of LIBERTY and some of Abe himself... I guess it's possible for the vein to be a Class VI but not sure... I believe the beard is normal...
Neal,
What computer are you using... Wether MAC or Windows based there should be a program that allows you to speak instead of type... Let me know and if you wish to set that up I can help you out!!!
Jim

lara4228
05-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Neal, apparently the vein on his forehead is normal. I've posted once questioning the same thing as I believe another member posted as well.

Lets just call him the "Elvis Abe" :LOL_Hair:

copperlover
05-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Laura has some Humor!!! I appreciate it. Thanks

Lucien