PDA

View Full Version : 11 cent piece

DWK
08-13-2008, 09:36 PM
You never know what you'll find. How'd they do that?

DWK

Brad
08-14-2008, 07:21 AM
You found this in a roll? It looks like someone took a lot of time to create this. They must have shaved down the cent to make it dime sized, then glued them together. Or they glued them, then shaved them both down.

amac44
08-14-2008, 08:39 AM
Brad it sure looks like your right!

DWK
08-14-2008, 08:47 AM
You found this in a roll? It looks like someone took a lot of time to create this. They must have shaved down the cent to make it dime sized, then glued them together. Or they glued them, then shaved them both down.

Yep. Cust wrapped roll from a bank in VT. Amazing the patience some people have just for amusement. He did a real good job, no telling how long ago, or how long its been circulating since. He not only shaved them down diameter wise, he split them both or ground them both down on the obverse till the end result is too thin, even less than a dime. It only weighs 1.5 gm.

Its a cute conversation piece, I'm keeping it.

Oh, By the way, Brad, I probably should have posted this on a different area, sorry.

Dave Kearns

amac44
08-14-2008, 08:49 AM
some folks will do anything ! as we see.

snowman
08-14-2008, 10:55 AM
interesting piece - i thought something like this was used by magicians or sold in magic kits

did anyone notice this is a 1973 cent - the only year with that reverse - very easy to spot

Snowman

CCC
08-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Nice eye snowman. I don't suppose the FG gave it away. :LOL_Hair:

DWK
08-14-2008, 06:53 PM
interesting piece - i thought something like this was used by magicians or sold in magic kits

did anyone notice this is a 1973 cent - the only year with that reverse - very easy to spot

Snowman

Yes! I found out today from a dealer friend. It is half of a magic trick.

The other half is a hollowed out Cent obverse that the thin small piece like I have fits into it. The dealer showed me a matched pair that he had from the forties. A Merc dime head and wheat back plus a Hollowed out wheat back. Its pretty neat.

Now I need to find the other half of mine.

DWK