PDA

View Full Version : 1963 Anything on this "3"?

Roller
05-30-2011, 12:26 PM
Can't make up my mind if its a hit or part of another 3.

hasfam
05-30-2011, 01:01 PM
Roller, It looks like a part of the 3 was hit and pushed over. That's just my opinion after looking at it for a couple of minutes. It appears to protrude out of the device itself and there are no other signs or markings around the 3 to support it being a part of a second 3 or any other device. again, just my take on it.

coinman2009
05-30-2011, 01:49 PM
It Looks like It may have taken a hit kind of flattening the 3, making it a very tough call!! Makes Ya keep lookin at it though!:tinysmile_hmm_t::tinysmile_hmm_t:

mustbebob
05-30-2011, 01:55 PM
George,
Which part of the 3 intrigues you? There's no doubt about the hit on the top loop, but I am more interested in what's immediately above the bottom loop. It might be lighting, but I would love to see it some time.

Roller
05-30-2011, 07:35 PM
George,
Which part of the 3 intrigues you? There's no doubt about the hit on the top loop, but I am more interested in what's immediately above the bottom loop. It might be lighting, but I would love to see it some time.
I think it shows stronger in the picture than in real life but I'll sned it to you Bob, on the chance that it is something. Yes, I was more fixed on the hit.

copperlover
05-30-2011, 11:41 PM
This is a hard one. Bob is right that the light falls directly inside the tail of the 3 making it difficult to see if a piece 3 lies inside the tail. I await the results. There is a dent on the tail of the 3 also.

Lucien