PDA

View Full Version : I apologize to anyone who was offended by my threads

Brown78
06-02-2011, 05:53 PM
I apologize to anyone who was offended my daughter says i should act my age but she's been living for 3 decades and still borrows money from my fixed income. Sorry fellow collectors. special thanks to Billy (dvn) for the 1995 i will mail a 1960D MS RD to you tomorrow..:nerd:

tinytinkerbell
06-02-2011, 05:57 PM
I apologize to anyone who was offended my daughter says i should act my age but she's been living for 3 decades and still borrows money from my fixed income. Sorry fellow collectors. special thanks to Billy (dvn) for the 1995 i will mail a 1960D MS RD to you tomorrow..:nerd:

I must be seriously out the loop!! I read almost all your thread.. and I have never ever been offended in any way. I think you're A ok :)

liveandievarieties
06-02-2011, 05:58 PM
I don't think you've offended anyone Brown! Maybe for the folks who have slow download speeds it was mildly annoying, but I'd be amazed if anyone could point to where harm has been done. Members were simply trying to convey to you the purpose of the forum.

Around here, anyone's enthusiasm is clearly seen as passion, and that's never a bad thing! This place can teach you more than you can imagine there is to know. Welcome, and I'm personally glad to have you as a member.

Brown78
06-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Well I read some resent responses to my coins and it seems some were somewhat annoyed but I. Will continue and explain what I am presenting thank you, you are a doll....:angel:

liveandievarieties
06-02-2011, 06:09 PM
I think asking specific questions about the coins you are posting may be the better way of approaching a new thread. That way, you can have your question answered and the person reading your post can be gratified by having helped or learned something. Not many members are going to be enlightened by an enlarged image of a wheat cent, or 50 of them.

Post a new thread when you've got a specific question that you've been unable to find an answer to.

Brown78
06-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Most posts placed were questions with black arrow pointing out what I see as an error or something flawed if a person can't see it well back out of the post and open another one, if you can see it respond to what you think and I will do the same. As for myself I use my eyes and analyze everyones images for enjoyment you do not have to type anything. I love it can't wait to see what posted when I wake up in the morning just to see the images......

liveandievarieties
06-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Yes, but I don't entirely follow- your images were of coins that did not have errors. There weren't specific questions, just a plain "what do you think?" with ambiguous tiny arrows.

Perhaps if we approach this from another direction- What reference books do you use? Every copy of a respectable die variety book has chapters on deceptive types of non-doubling commonly found on coins. Anyone who reads these chapters and understands them is a better numismatist for it.

I'd strongly recommend one of 2 books. Either, "Strike it Rich with Pocket Change" (less than $10) by Ken Potter and Brian Allen OR "The Cherrypicker's Guide to Rare Die Varieties" by Bill Fivaz and JT Stanton. Each offers a wealth of information on what one should be looking for and what one should avoid. Please take the time to buy a book and educate yourself, nearly all of us have and we speak the same "language" because of it. I've never, ever, not once, lost money on a reference book!

jallengomez
06-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Brown-

We've all got a lot to learn; at least I do. I like your enthusiasm.

jcuve
06-02-2011, 06:45 PM
I certainly have not been offended by any of your threads, I am often rather matter of fact in my responses which is just the way I am. I'm a teacher and I sometimes just call it as I see it.

copperlover
06-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Brown I agree totally with Liveanddie . You have not been offensive but we all learn much more when the right questions are
presented.That will allow us to give correct answers. I can see you are really trying. Thanks for sharing.

Lucien

jfines69
06-03-2011, 08:39 AM
I have not been offend at all... I am no pro at this and I prefer for people to be straight forward with me in a respectable manner... I do love to kid around though and I take no offense to that and the term "LOL" always helps when kidding around... I do believe that questions should be asked in the postings but not everyone knows what questions to ask... I do not know if that is you or not but I enjoy your postings... Sometimes it's fun to try and figure out what is going on with a coin... I would like to know how you get those arrows off the coins... LOL!!!

Brown78
06-03-2011, 09:00 AM
I have a magic marker sir..:bigsmile: