PDA

View Full Version : Greaser and Something Else Weird...I think?

Chris Murphy
06-04-2011, 01:49 PM
I have found these a while back but never posted them to the thread. I think my 97 is a greaser but I can never be sure without confirmation from the resource members. But this 96 "D" is something weird that I have never seen before. It feels as if I can bend it in half like its very soft, almost like a layer of some sort is missing. Any thoughts?

Christopher-

coinman2009
06-04-2011, 02:02 PM
I Agree On The 97-d A greaser! The Other Looks Like It May Be An Improperly Annealed Planchet! Nice Finds! Curious to see others comments on the later one!:xd:

jallengomez
06-04-2011, 02:07 PM
2nd one looks like it was heated up to the point that the zinc became molten. Probably a kid and an acetylene torch.

Chris Murphy
06-04-2011, 02:46 PM
I just thought I would post another picture for everyone. Like I said earlier, I had found this a while back but thought something or someone destroyed it with something. It really gives an illusion of some weird attributes examples such as wavy steps.

Anymore more thoughts or should I just through it back?

Christopher-

jfines69
06-04-2011, 03:23 PM
The 96 looks like it use to be a DD... How aweful... The 97 though may be a weak strike... There is weakness on both sides... Wonder what some of the other pros will say!!!

jcuve
06-04-2011, 07:08 PM
The '97 was struck through (grease) filled dies; the second was heated with a torch (those hooligans again...)

liveandievarieties
06-05-2011, 01:09 AM
AAAGGHHH! Hooligans practicing malfeasance and tom foolery- I almost caught them in my office last night, but by the time the light switched on, there was only a mess. Wife says it was already there, but I know it was the hooligans.

jfines69
06-05-2011, 04:44 AM
AAAGGHHH! Hooligans practicing malfeasance and tom foolery- I almost caught them in my office last night, but by the time the light switched on, there was only a mess. Wife says it was already there, but I know it was the hooligans.
:sign10: I know how you feel!!!:LOL_Hair: