PDA

View Full Version : MD or DDO?

jilson
06-07-2011, 01:01 PM
I have the hardest time telling them apart (sometimes) I will go ahead and bet Machine Doubling but could I be wrong?

georoxx
06-07-2011, 02:07 PM
I guess you are referring to what (I think) I see looking at IGWT. It's hard to tell without a close-up shot. Maybe one of the pros will "take a stab".

-George

copperlover
06-07-2011, 02:49 PM
From what I can see there is no notches or separation visible so I'll say this is your regular 64 cent. Thanks for sharing. You may learn a lot more by checking this site for the difference between MD and true doubled dies. There are lots of illustrations and explanations there.

Lucien

jilson
06-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Thanks!!! Good looking out :)

hasfam
06-07-2011, 03:03 PM
I tried enlarging the photo a bit but it pixalates too much, but I can see die wear and flow lines in the IGWT area and possible DDD.
However.....It does look like there might be Class V doubling under the L of LIBERTY. Or since it appears that the light source is coming from the north, it could be just a shadow. I'd like to see another photo from another angle of light or you could just look at it again and tell us if you see anything under the L.

jilson
06-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Dang it... nothing under the L. I need to stop using a scanner bc of shadow issues, pixel issues, etc...
There is doubling on most letters and date that can be seen "in hand" I will have to take MD. I am new at this so any doubling still has a wow factor for me :)
Thanks for the help everybody!

Doug

cents1st
06-09-2011, 11:13 PM
I can not tell by the photo but the thing to remember about doubeled dies: Machine dbl the first image is curved on top the 2nd is flat. Doubled Die the first image is curved and so is the 2nd.