PDA

View Full Version : Eighth Example Found In Circulation

1sgret
06-07-2011, 03:49 PM
This example has been in circulation for awhile but still is a nice variety to run across and is a Stage "B" with the Die Chip and Die Crack located in the upper back of the head. This variety also has a Die Chip inside the Lower "G" of God.

The Separation Lines can also be seen on the letters of "LIBERTY" and "IN GOD" and a better example they can also be seen on the Date. This is the Major Doubled Die Obverse for this year.

I have 2 - STAGE "A" (without the Die Crack in the upper back of the head)

I have 6 -STAGE "B"' (with the Die Crack/Chip in the upper back of the head) in my collection

hasfam
06-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Another great find Joe. Congrats.
You never said you had 2 magnets in your home.

mustbebob
06-07-2011, 04:15 PM
The numbers are still incredibly low for this variety. I was keeping track of them for a year or so after the initial discovery, and was only able to get reports on 87 of them. I had 4 at one time, and the discoverer of the variety found about 12. Since there are quite a few Stage B specimens reported, there has to be many more of them out there. Great finds Joe. This is one that should be in the next CPG. I don't know why it wasn't in the last one.

copperlover
06-07-2011, 04:20 PM
you certainly know how to find these gems.

Lucien

jcuve
06-07-2011, 04:29 PM
One of the best DDOs in the last 15 years. Underrated and undervalued.

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww322/jcuve/06DDO-003sm5.jpg

1sgret
06-07-2011, 04:31 PM
The numbers are still incredibly low for this variety. I was keeping track of them for a year or so after the initial discovery, and was only able to get reports on 87 of them. I had 4 at one time, and the discoverer of the variety found about 12. Since there are quite a few Stage B specimens reported, there has to be many more of them out there. Great finds Joe. This is one that should be in the next CPG. I don't know why it wasn't in the last one.

Thanks Rock, Bob, Lucien

I agree that realatively few of these have surfaced and especially the Stage A's. Someone I hope will pick up the ball and get this listed in the CPG update when it comes out later this year. I have gotten 6 of these graded and they range from MS-64RD to AU-55 and the two raw pieces are not in too good of shape. I remember about 3 years ago that you were tracking them and your count was in the high 30's.

I agree that there are more in circulation. Hopefully others will find examples for there collection.

badredbrd89
06-07-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm hoping for one of those to cross my loupe soon. I really like this particular variety.
-Chris

OCD
06-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Great find Joe!!!

I have found 1 stage A and 3 stage B

koinmon
06-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Great find Joe; still looking for that one. Found several of the doubled ear lobe.
George

busyeye
06-08-2011, 05:53 PM
sweet, congrats!

tinytinkerbell
06-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Nice find Joe!! and DANG Jason, those pictures are just unbelievably gorgeous!!