PDA

View Full Version : Who owns 1988D-1DO-001...?

georoxx
06-07-2011, 08:40 PM
I just found one of these. Checked it out on CopperCoins. No mention of the separation/notching that I see on certain letters of IGWT. (In addition to the date.) The lone die marker noted on CC is plainly detectable on my coin, so there is no doubt that it is 1988D-1DO-001. I was wondering if someone could look at theirs to see if they can detect anything in that area.

I can post pics, if requested.

Cheers.

-George

ADDED: Pics. I felt it unnecessary to add arrows. (Also, running short on time this morning. LOL)

jallengomez
06-07-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm not sure, but Billy Crawford in his "Detailed Analysis of Lincoln Cent Varieties (http://www.dvnmagazine.com/dalcv.html)" doesn't mention any other separation either. Maybe a different die state.

mustbebob
06-08-2011, 03:31 AM
George,
Could you please post a pic of the date/mm area, as well as the area in which you are seeing additional doubling? The coin photographed for coppercoins was submitted by 'trails' (BJ Neff)

georoxx
06-08-2011, 05:52 AM
2 more. (See my edited initial post for the majority.)

-George

mustbebob
06-08-2011, 04:32 PM
The reverse markers seem to match. Based on the doubling on the date, it is plausible to think that other letters could be affected, but not seen or annotated on the initial examination. I would like to look at it some time, and if indeed there is hub doubling, would replace the photos on the site with pics from this one.

georoxx
06-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Would be happy to send it to you. I'll use the info at coppercoins.com.

Thanks.

-George

mustbebob
06-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Sounds great. thanks!