PDA

View Full Version : 2011 ddo

Roller
06-12-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and call this a DDO. Not on CC as far as I can tell. Verdict? (The 2 took a small hit.)

dvn
06-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Yep, that's the one that is being sent to me to examine from a collector who showed me photos of it Saturday night.

Congrats on your find. That makes two found so far. I briefly talked about it in this thread scroll all the way down to near the bottom of the thread post #27: Link to thread. (http://www.lincolncentresource.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14085)

Billy

coinman2009
06-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Gonna go out on a limb w/ ya, and say Congrat's! Sure Looks Like A DDO From Here!:tinysmile_hmm_t:

wolfkill
06-12-2011, 05:33 PM
wow!!! luckly you

Historyhound
06-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Looks like a great candidate to me. IMO there's no mistaking the separation at the tips of the 1's.

enamel7
06-12-2011, 06:13 PM
That is a sweet dd! One of the best of the modern I would say.

hasfam
06-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Wow. You lucky dog. That is one nice looking DDO. Congrats on a great find. Super happy for you.

Roller
06-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Yep, that's the one that is being sent to me to examine from a collector who showed me photos of it Saturday night.

Congrats on your find. That makes two found so far. I briefly talked about it in this thread scroll all the way down to near the bottom of the thread post #27: Link to thread. (http://www.lincolncentresource.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14085)

Billy
Thanks for the link Billy.

Roller
06-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Wow. You lucky dog. That is one nice looking DDO. Congrats on a great find. Super happy for you.
Thanks Rock. You search roll after roll without result and then you get one of these in change from Home Depot. Go figure. You never know where the nest one will come from.

OCD
06-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Awesome find! Congrats

koinmon
06-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Sweet find! Finally something to look for on these shield cents.
George

tinytinkerbell
06-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Wow!! That's awesome!!! Congrats!

georoxx
06-13-2011, 04:06 AM
Nice find. Can't wait to see some pro pics.

Nobody has mentioned the ear. Is it as doubled as it appears in your pic..? Often times, illusion doubling (I'll call it) can result from glare... of which, your pics (as with most of ours) contain a fair amount. Eliminating glare is always a challenge for me.

Great find, again.

-George

Roller
06-13-2011, 04:18 AM
Nice find. Can't wait to see some pro pics.

Nobody has mentioned the ear. Is it as doubled as it appears in your pic..? Often times, illusion doubling (I'll call it) can result from glare... of which, your pics (as with most of ours) contain a fair amount. Eliminating glare is always a challenge for me.

Great find, again.

-George
Its not glare, but I'll leave the rest to the pros.

jfines69
06-13-2011, 05:11 AM
And it has been said that this couldn't happen in the single squeeze era... LOL... Congrats on a nice find... 1 of 2 known... Cool!!!

dvn
06-13-2011, 05:32 AM
1 of 2 known...

So far. I'm confident more will be found. Lets see, Roller's is Miami and the other one was found in NC. Taking a guess off the top of my head, say around 800 miles between the two specimens give or take a few miles? That's quite a distance for the two found. Sounds like it may have been released in a very wide southeast area.

Billy

Roller
06-13-2011, 07:04 AM
So far. I'm confident more will be found. Lets see, Roller's is Miami and the other one was found in NC. Taking a guess off the top of my head, say around 800 miles between the two specimens give or take a few miles? That's quite a distance for the two found. Sounds like it may have been released in a very wide southeast area.

Billy
Yes, I also think more (maybe many more) will be found. The dies look like they are both in good shape so unless something prompts (prompted) the Mint to retire the obv. die there may be a million out there.

dvn
06-13-2011, 08:05 AM
Yes, I also think more (maybe many more) will be found. The dies look like they are both in good shape so unless something prompts (prompted) the Mint to retire the obv. die there may be a million out there.

Oh I suspect there are a few collectors in the good ole' state of Florida probably hitting the banks looking for solid BU rolls of 2011 cents unless I miss my bet. :LOL_Hair: Or to put it another way, if I was down there, that's exactly what I would be doing.

Billy

jfines69
06-13-2011, 08:31 AM
You can buy rolls directly from the mint... Maybe the person that had it in NC went to Florida for vacation and had the only 2... LOL!!!

dvn
06-13-2011, 08:34 AM
You can buy rolls directly from the mint...

It would be a cold day in you know where before I did that. I can go to the bank and get BU rolls of 2011 cents and pay face value.

Billy

OCD
06-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Oh I suspect there are a few collectors in the good ole' state of Florida probably hitting the banks looking for solid BU rolls of 2011 cents unless I miss my bet. :LOL_Hair: Or to put it another way, if I was down there, that's exactly what I would be doing.

Billy

I believe that's a safe bet. :bigsmile:

JeanK
06-13-2011, 12:18 PM
Beautiful find Roller. Congratulations!
Now, where did I put that drool mop?
Jean

1sgret
06-13-2011, 12:19 PM
I believe that's a safe bet. :bigsmile:

:sign10: :sign10: :sign10::ooh:

Roller
06-13-2011, 01:49 PM
Beautiful find Roller. Congratulations!
Now, where did I put that drool mop?
Jean
Thanks Jean. Don't worry, yours is just around the corner, maybe in the next roll. By the way, I hit three Wachovia banks today for BU 2011's and none of them have any. What's a guy to do but to continue searching bank rolls.

hasfam
06-13-2011, 02:00 PM
The hunts on in Tennessee. Right Ken?...........Ken?

badredbrd89
06-13-2011, 07:57 PM
I recently went through a couple of bricks from my bank and have concentrated them into a full brick that has not been searched. I simply sorted, counted, and filled up the box. And I still have a few rolls to sort through. :smile: I know now what I'll be doing for the next several weeks. Congrats on a wonderful find, Roller! I hope to have one cross my loupe soon. :) And try Bank of America...they seemed to have the most rolls that were straight from Brinks.
-Chris

tokameel
06-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Just one more cool one for my list. Cool !
Thanks

Roller
06-15-2011, 11:50 AM
I recently went through a couple of bricks from my bank and have concentrated them into a full brick that has not been searched. I simply sorted, counted, and filled up the box. And I still have a few rolls to sort through. :smile: I know now what I'll be doing for the next several weeks. Congrats on a wonderful find, Roller! I hope to have one cross my loupe soon. :) And try Bank of America...they seemed to have the most rolls that were straight from Brinks.
-Chris
Thanks Chris. I have not found bu rolls there either but I did luck into some today at Wachovia. By and large, once circulation commences, it is difficult to find pure bu rolls in my neck of the woods.