PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on ? Notching ? on 1999 D Cent

engine823
06-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Okay this is a 1999 D Lincoln Cent. I see through the word ( States ) what appears to be lines or large notching. This is the only word on the reverse that shows this issue but all letters in States except ( A ) show it. I thought scratch across the letters but if that happened I would have thought ( A ) would have been hit??? Weird??
I need a professional opinion before I toss it! :~
IF YOU NEED MORE PICS LET ME KNOW!

dvn
06-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Engine, others may use a different term, but I call it ejection doubling. Quite common.

Billy

engine823
06-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Is there something that stands out as not being a double die?? It's the first example I have seen.

engine823
06-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Looked up ejection doubling after I posted that last post. I see it is the same as Machine Doubling. Okay I'm with you! Well on to the next coin. Thanks!:LOL_Hair:

hasfam
06-21-2011, 06:01 PM
I call it the same thing. I learned about ejection doubling many years ago when I was searching thru a couple thousand 1995's and tons of the coins has that on the motto. At first I thought I had something, then quickly learned what it really was.

dvn
06-21-2011, 06:10 PM
I call it the same thing. I learned about ejection doubling many years ago when I was searching thru a couple thousand 1995's and tons of the coins has that on the motto. At first I thought I had something, then quickly learned what it really was.

Yep, they're a bunch of them on the motto especially on the letters "G" of GOD and "Ts" of TRUST. Drove me up a wall when I first started seeing them.

Billy